Bill Fennelly and his staff have assembled an "all-star team" for the 2024-25 season

The Rob Gray

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2016

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Expectations are high coming into this season, as good as last season was the part I enjoyed the most was that the team seemed like it was having fun and improved the whole season. I hope they can keep that joy with the increased expectations.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Expectations are high coming into this season, as good as last season was the part I enjoyed the most was that the team seemed like it was having fun and improved the whole season. I hope they can keep that joy with the increased expectations.
Definitely what made this team VERY different from previous teams. This group enjoyed each other and played for each other. They fit the roles they were given quite well and are willing to put the time in to get better. Should be a top 10 ranked squad to start the season. Will have a couple of tough games in the non-con that will test them (Iowa and Drake for starters). If they manage to go unbeaten in the non-con they’ve accomplished something. Until we see what the rest of the schedule looks like it’s hard to set expectations.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Definitely what made this team VERY different from previous teams. This group enjoyed each other and played for each other. They fit the roles they were given quite well and are willing to put the time in to get better. Should be a top 10 ranked squad to start the season. Will have a couple of tough games in the non-con that will test them (Iowa and Drake for starters). If they manage to go unbeaten in the non-con they’ve accomplished something. Until we see what the rest of the schedule looks like it’s hard to set expectations.
Beating EIU will be a good start. Psychologically this will be a statement game that we are the best WBB program in the state

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
Are we up to 4 or 5 shooters ? With that many someone should be able to be on that night.
We have 5 shooters that shot 40% or better from 3 last year in Emily, AJ, Hare, Harris, and Hansford.
Addy and Kelsey were 38.8%, and that definitely meets the threshold of being a shooter.

Edit:
Oh yeah! Aili Tanke has quite the pedigree for shooting as well. And Reagan Wilson was a good shooter in high school averaging between 33% and 38%.

So, I'd say we're at 7 or 8 "shooters".

Reactions: bozclone and NWICY

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
We have 5 shooters that shot 40% or better from 3 last year in Emily, AJ, Hare, Harris, and Hansford.
Addy and Kelsey were 38.8%, and that definitely meets the threshold of being a shooter.

Edit:
Oh yeah! Aili Tanke has quite the pedigree for shooting as well. And Reagan Wilson was a good shooter in high school averaging between 33% and 38%.

So, I'd say we're at 7 or 8 "shooters".
I'm salivating at the thought of a team trying to double Audi and them getting blasted from the three and then trying to guard the perimeter and Audi taking their center to the woodshed.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Reactions: bozclone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
A lot of the fun stems infectiously from Audi. She makes a good time out of competitive situations.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
She showed that skill quite a bit this season.
Stats show Audi had 34 assists last year. I just remember thinking on several occasions that this was an area where she could develop in the off-season and be even more dominating next year.