Bill Snyder finally retiring

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Wyoming has Craig Bohl & they’re not exactly tearing it up...
He isn’t doing bad though. By year 3 he made improvements to that program. 6-6 this year so a little bit of a down year but the two 8 win seasons before this year isn’t bad. Also, Kleiman isn’t the same person as Bohl. Doesn’t mean he can’t win at KSU. His system definitely fits KSUs style and there are more resources to recruit KSU than Wyoming.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Thing is, he’s not going to elevate their recruiting. And doesn’t have ties to Tex/Oklahoma, and you can make an argument for the JUCOs, so it’s going to take awhile for those relationships to get going.

I don’t think this is going to end well for KState and I’m here for it.

Well no one has done squat there except the vampire. Whats Ron Prince up to these days?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Thing is, he’s not going to elevate their recruiting. And doesn’t have ties to Tex/Oklahoma, and you can make an argument for the JUCOs, so it’s going to take awhile for those relationships to get going.

It’s really more important who his assistants he hires are and where their recruiting ties are.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013

Recruiting Texas is overrated. Example: Our last two head coaches. Rhoads was all about Texas while Campbell has a different approach. Look how their tenures have/are turning out.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and awd4cy

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Isn't K State graduating most of there Oline? Could be a rough start for the new coach....I actually thought they would be better this year because of all that experience up front.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Well no one has done squat there except the vampire. Whats Ron Prince up to these days?

He was the Offensive Analyst at Michigan last season, bounced around the offenses in the NFL before that. Now he just got the gig as the head coach at Howard University.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Recruiting Texas is overrated. Example: Our last two head coaches. Rhoads was all about Texas while Campbell has a different approach. Look how their tenures have/are turning out.

Lol and he doesn’t have much in Ohio, Florida, California either. Funny you ignored the JUCO part.

If he’s going to retain some of Bill’s staff that’s also just going to add to the mess.

Chapanye

Apr 11, 2012
Undisclosed
I think this is a strong hire for them. He's going to build in the NDSU model, so I don't know if Texas connections are quite as important. There is a reason that all those Dakota schools have gone FCS and been successful - no FCS option in Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Nebraska. Many of the top programs in every level below FBS are all in the midwest/upper midwest. (NDSU, SDSU, UNI, NWMSU, Minn St., Wisc-Whitewater, Mount Union) Upper midwest is a generally under-recruited area and he will need to develop talent, but as a clone fan I would much rather have seen them go with Littrell or some southern spread guy.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

$2.3 Million per year...whew, lowest in the Big 12 by $1.2 Million...KSU definitely in the save money mode. Klieman is going to find out quick that the academic restrictions placed on recruiting in the Big 12 is far different from NDSU.

Maybe it works...better get on the recruiting quick.

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
$2.3 Million per year...whew, lowest in the Big 12 by $1.2 Million...KSU definitely in the save money mode. Klieman is going to find out quick that the academic restrictions placed on recruiting in the Big 12 is far different from NDSU.

A birdie in Fargo is saying that CPR will get an interview for that job. Interesting, but I doubt if he gets it.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

Pff- like getting into K State has ever been difficult.

Along with Baylor, we may see a trend beginning where the Big 12 returns to smash mouth football.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
A birdie in Fargo is saying that CPR will get an interview for that job. Interesting, but I doubt if he gets it.
Still has a house in Clear Lake.
Someone like Tracy Claeys would be a good fit.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron