Billboard Material

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
As a Cyclone, I can see the difference between a billboard advertising your university and one that says, "It's a Cyclone State."

XD40

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
Urbandale
I would have thought a gimp hawk fan with all the time in the world, would have time to read a map correctly

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
it's elwood, not university. i refuse to accept it as fact.

Never understood why people are upset Elwood got changed to University. The road is a great ENTRY to our UNIVERSITY - makes great sense to me to name it university. I like it a lot, I don't miss Elwood one bit.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I know, its an inside thing

Actually, it's quite simple. A city map of Ames will have the street labeled as Elwood, while the street/exit signs all say University. That sort of thing could be confusing for someone like a first-year student. Or a FedEx delivery driver.

XD40

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2008
Urbandale
The billboard was one of the first things brought up by one of my Hawk friends after Saturdays news.
" After all the BS JP pulled, the billboard outside IC, JP deserves everything he gets"
So as far as 1 Hawk fan goes, yes it bothers them still no matter what some people have said here

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Oh please. Like the ISU faithful wouldn't be raising hell if Iowa planted a "Hawkeye State" billboard on 35 right next to the Ames exit.

ISU fans wouldn't complain cause that billboard would be a fireball about 45 seconds after it was completed.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
My questions is who read the billboard to all the Hawk fans? They surely can't read by themselves???:biglaugh:

CycloneCrunch

Nov 4, 2008
You know what bothers me?

ISU's refusal to win any games against Iowa this year with the exception of volleyball...

That really gets under my skin...

Reactions: cycloneML

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
what was the intent of the billboard? To motivate them more? Not sure it was in our best interest.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
You know what bothers me?

ISU's refusal to win any games against Iowa this year with the exception of volleyball...

That really gets under my skin...

Good idea. Let's take the billboard down and focus on beating them in a major sport.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
Is that why all the Ames city maps are different? It's the road the runs around the back of Jack Trice, right? Who changed the name, and why?

It was done to confuse Squawk fans....next year 1000's of fans will be aimlessly wandering the streets of Ames, instead of finding the stadium

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
Brought up with contempt? Hardly.

I love it. I thought it was one of Jamie's best moves. I hope he does it again. That story will never die with me, because it still cracks me up to this day. Doesn't bother me in the least bit.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Brought up with contempt? Hardly.

I love it. I thought it was one of Jamie's best moves. I hope he does it again. That story will never die with me, because it still cracks me up to this day. Doesn't bother me in the least bit.

You'll be loving it when our new coach doesn't give you any interviews. I'm sure Jamie has already told him to avoid you like the plague! And your buddy Deuce too.