Billy Fennelly new WBB assistant coach

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Not all that surprising, I wonder if they will fill his position or if it was just a grooming position for him.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
So basically Coach Steyer gets Coach E's old title and Billy gets Coach Steyer's title ?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I support this and here is why. Sometimes you have to reward those who have put in the time in the program. This is more about promoting Jodi than hiring his own son. This is entry level for Billy...right where he should be. Congrats to Coach Steyer!

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines
I support this and here is why. Sometimes you have to reward those who have put in the time in the program. This is more about promoting Jodi than hiring his own son. This is entry level for Billy...right where he should be. Congrats to Coach Steyer!

There should not be an "entry" level on a top tier Big 12 team. He should have to go get his coaching experience at some smaller school like hte rest of the world.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Really? Didn't Brian Ferentz just get promoted to Offensive Line Coach? I am sure he was the most qualified and his last name had nothing to do with it. This is a way of life in any business.

Well I was sorta looking for a response from someone that knew I was trolling, so I kinda feel bad.

Cytaki

Feb 21, 2008
Nomad
Okay, no prior experience? Billy worked on the staff of Maryland for a year, the staff of Northwestern for two years and Iowa State's staff for two years in an administrative role. I would have rather seen someone else but Billy has earned his stripes and it was eventually coming!

Reactions: Clonegrad07

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
really people you are going to bash BF for promoting within and his son has coached at another school.. the guy knows the system and he has been learning from the his dad the whole time why not keep him on who knows maybe we will have our future coach

Reactions: Clonegrad07

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I hope this doesn't bite us in the ***. We replace a long time exp. coach for some with very little. At a school like ISU recruiting is of at most importance and this I feel doesn't help us in this regard. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyDude16

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
So is he going to work with the bigs? If he's a good recruiter, I'll be OK with it. If not, big BF missed a chance.

Hopefully,the new strength coach was brought in to build Prins into a force this summer.