Blake Gimbel

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Does anybody know if there is any interest in Gimbel by the from the Cyclones, or vice versa? I keep hearing really good things about him, like he makes passes through some tight windows and has a great arm. I've personally never seen him play though. I also heard a rumor that he wants to come to ISU...no official source just hearsay.

What do fellow CFers think? Is he D1 calibur? Does anyone know him or his family, is he even Cyclone fan?

Blake Gimbel - Yahoo! Sports

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I'd take him as a walk-on but wouldn't use up a scholarship on him. He has a pretty decent arm, but a lot his stats are from his receivers, especially the stephenson brothers.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
63% completion percentage. 1900+ yards and 13 Tds, 6 ints, Stats are definitely a product of the system and look very good. However they get inflated by some little things Mtown does, like bubble screens (tons) and on Jet sweep the QB pitches it forward so it counts as a completion. Good HS player, but I think there's a good reason the D1 programs have stayed away. The guy shattered some passing records last year so its not like teams haven't checked him out.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Does anybody know if there is any interest in Gimbel by the from the Cyclones, or vice versa? I keep hearing really good things about him, like he makes passes through some tight windows and has a great arm. I've personally never seen him play though. I also heard a rumor that he wants to come to ISU...no official source just hearsay.

What do fellow CFers think? Is he D1 calibur? Does anyone know him or his family, is he even Cyclone fan?

Blake Gimbel - Yahoo! Sports

Iowa State invited him to the Tulsa game. But that doesn't mean a whole lot. They had Sam Straub Kyle Strcavevich and tons of other high school players from Iowa at the game.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Definitely a Hawkeye family and don't think it would be a scholarship offer. We already have Hodge and Lanning.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I have this odd feeling that 4 years from now we will be talking about how well Gimble runs the UNI offense and wondering how the ISU D is going to gameplan against them.

Cyguy1437

Sep 24, 2012
I know Gimbel well, but not too familiar with his recruitment, so take what i say with a grain of salt. I know he's had contact with iowa st and isu has hosted him when they played tulsa. Hes had contact with Northwestern, and im pretty sure he visited Wayne St. this past weekend. He is a huge hawkeye guy though, but he's coming around to the Cyclone way of things and he is a HUGE Klein fan.

Help Support Us

Become a patron