Bloody Mary Recipes.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Alright, everyone. Let's see what you've got. What is your special ingredient? what mixes are good?

Personally, I hate olives. So that is a no go. I personally like a spicy pickle or pickled asparagus in mine. Which is weird, because I hate asparagus and tomato juice. My dad puts cocktail onions in his, which I've never tried but sounds alright.

Zing zang is pretty good but way too salty. there is this stuff called demitri's

IFpirI_ArJX0LcZCIKj8sepWhzhq7dRoiBXDLCh8DM8ANktfIzXBvLER9CKBpVUXGMgdiJZPcQVmO57pYmMmlge7JpBQyPzzs-aU5aZCY55vQVWtTmiXYxdoEQ2Gl7gBcv4me9r3BCDO

which you fill a shot glass with and put into a bottle of clamato. pretty allsome.

if I used just a regular mix I'd add garlic powder, worchestershire, tabasco (habanero is best or smokey chipotle), celery salt, this cajun seasoning my mom got in louisiana, and pickle juice.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
No recipe needed. Just mix these two, garnish with olive and pickle/shrimp. Trust me, I know my bloody mixes, and this is the best. :yes:

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
I was able to coax the recipe the Cumming Tap uses. It's unbelievable! I can't wait to bust it out big time for tailgate season.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Also, if you like your bloody marry somewhat spicy, you might want to try this. Not something to get often, but is nice to have every once in a while. I like to throw some extra heat in it, but most people will be good with just the mix.

I agree with you on the spicy asparagus (pickled is good as well), but not liking olives? Really?:smile: And I really cannot understand why people use Zing Zang. It has way too much celery salt and seeds. I have got to the point where I rarely get a bloody mary at a bar because they almost always use Zing Zang.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
I prefer the bloody caesar. Clamato (no, I wouldn't drink this **** by itself), lemon juice, worcestershire, tabasco, black pepper, celery salt, and vodka.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
I believe Zing Zang is really good. But It really dosent matter what mix you use... Just poor a little pickle juice in the Bloody... You wont be disappointed....

Reactions: Al_4_State

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
Alright, everyone. Let's see what you've got. What is your special ingredient? what mixes are good?

Personally, I hate olives. So that is a no go. I personally like a spicy pickle or pickled asparagus in mine. Which is weird, because I hate asparagus and tomato juice. My dad puts cocktail onions in his, which I've never tried but sounds alright.

Zing zang is pretty good but way too salty. there is this stuff called demitri's

IFpirI_ArJX0LcZCIKj8sepWhzhq7dRoiBXDLCh8DM8ANktfIzXBvLER9CKBpVUXGMgdiJZPcQVmO57pYmMmlge7JpBQyPzzs-aU5aZCY55vQVWtTmiXYxdoEQ2Gl7gBcv4me9r3BCDO

which you fill a shot glass with and put into a bottle of clamato. pretty allsome.

if I used just a regular mix I'd add garlic powder, worchestershire, tabasco (habanero is best or smokey chipotle), celery salt, this cajun seasoning my mom got in louisiana, and pickle juice.

Sorry I didnt read your entire post.... Looks pretty good... Sign me up for one!!!

SpRiNgLiMe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2007
Ames
Mr. T's Bold & Spicy
Absolut Peppar
Worcestershire sauce
Tabasco
Cracked black pepper
Celery Salt
3 Mezzetta Martini Olives (per)
Celery Stalk

Pretty standard, but hits where it needs to :smile:

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Easter Dinner isn't until 2 so this is making me hungry. Love Bloody Mary bars. Whoever said pickle juice earlier hit the nail on the head. Shrimp and beef jerky are great as well as pepperoni

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
Also, if you like your bloody marry somewhat spicy, you might want to try this. Not something to get often, but is nice to have every once in a while. I like to throw some extra heat in it, but most people will be good with just the mix.

I agree with you on the spicy asparagus (pickled is good as well), but not liking olives? Really?:smile: And I really cannot understand why people use Zing Zang. It has way too much celery salt and seeds. I have got to the point where I rarely get a bloody mary at a bar because they almost always use Zing Zang.

Is the famous dave's mix actually spicy? Because although I love them, the hellfire pickles are not spicy at all. and hellfire seems to insinuate spicy.

How does everyone integrate the horseradish? I have some horsradish sauce (mixed with mayo) and shredded horseradish, but Im not sure on how to incorporate it into the drink.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
For mixes:
-Hair of the Dawg (yes, its made by an ex-Hawk bball player, but its delicious)
-Mr. & Mrs. T's (this has really grown on me)
-Zing Zang (tried and true)

My personal from scratch recipe:
-Tomato juice
-vodka
-pickle juice (at least a shot glass worth, if not more)
-worchestershire sauce
-hot sauce of your choice
-liberal dash of A1
-garlic salt
-celery salt
-black pepper
-Lawry's
-Cavender's Greek seasoning
-horseradish

Garnish however you like. If we have beef sticks around, I'll go with a beef stick, hunk of cheese, and pickle/olive. Anyone I've tried this recipe on loved it. Pickle juice is the key. Adds a sourness kick, and different level to the drink. Don't knock it till you try it.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Is the famous dave's mix actually spicy? Because although I love them, the hellfire pickles are not spicy at all. and hellfire seems to insinuate spicy.

How does everyone integrate the horseradish? I have some horsradish sauce (mixed with mayo) and shredded horseradish, but Im not sure on how to incorporate it into the drink.

Don't use the mayo mixed. That won't react well in the drink.

Just dump in some shredded horseradish while you're assembling the drink, and shake it before drinking. I just usually use a second glass and dump it back and forth to mix everything up. Use a fork or straw to keep everything from settling while you drink it.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
waiting for easter dinner had a bloody mary....Mr and Mrs T bold and spicy, cayenned pepper, emeril spices. Awesome.

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
just went to hyvee and got the Major Peters "the works" mix.

I must say, this is the best bloody mary I have ever made personally. I used the mix, smirnoff 100 that i found underneath my couch, famous daves signature spicy pickle and juice, and chipotle tabasco. forgot the lea and perrins, but it was still alright. Also, havent added horseradish, but I will probably in my enxt oen