Blowout win vs down to the wire thriller

What type of win is more entertaining for you to watch?

• Blowout victory

Votes: 149 72.0%
  • A down to the wire thriller

Votes: 58 28.0%

• Total voters

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
What type of game do you enjoy or have more entertainment from watching? I took my 10 y/o to last night’s game. We both had a great time, but afterwards I asked him if it was his favorite that he’d been to. His response was that a close game is more fun to watch (his favorite game was our comeback win vs West Virginia two years ago with Izaiah Brockington heroics).

For me, I don’t need the stress of a close game. I enjoy watching the good guys just beat the crap out of the other team. Which type of game do you enjoy more?

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
The most important thing for me is that our guys are playing well. Given that, a close win against a top team is more exciting. I did like it when we blew out Kansas though.

Reactions: VeloClone

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Lefester's was the greatest game i ever witnessed
That was an overtime game as I remember. The one against Stokes and Payne was good also. Best was probably the game against Mizzou that started Hilton Magic.

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Both are fun!

I joke (but it is probably realistic) that I'll likely die someday during a huge moment in Hilton or Jack Trice. It would be a good way to go.

There's nothing more exciting than a close game against a great team or a comeback win at Hilton. I love waking up the next day and being exhausted from screaming and the stress.

But then it is also fun to completely dominate a team. It's fun to see the team just play really well for 40 minutes and never let up. I'm not even tired today ;)

This team needed a game like last night though.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Us fans needed an ass kicker last night. We just did. We needed to throttle their asses. Normally I like a close game where we win. Last night I wanted Caitlin Clark to break up with Connor because his dad sucks. That’s how bad I wanted to blow them out

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Close games are more exciting, which I love and tend to remember more often so I voted that way. But when you have the opportunity to humiliate a rival and watch as the hope leaves their eyes early in the second half, you have to relish in those moments.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

alexssdean12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2018
I hope ISU gets to the point where a blowout win is boring.. give me that every time.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It needs to be "down to the wire thriller VICTORY" as down to the wire losses are hard for me to shake...i.e. thinking of the one or two little things that cost the game...a missed FT maybe, a silly turnover, blown defensive possession, etc. I also don't love the 20 minutes to get through 90 seconds on the game clock...when we lose.

Help Support Us

Become a patron