Blue Chip Map

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Below is a link to an article that includes a map of all the blue chip recruits from the 2016 class. It really shows where the talent is, and isn't. CMC has his 4 hour recruiting circle. In my mind in order to really change ISU's path on the football field he would need to grab 2 or 3 kids in that circle that are on that map. Obviously, you hope that he can stop Arkansas coming into Iowa and getting a good recruit.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/163686690/college-football-recruiting-2016-geography-map

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Below is a link to an article that includes a map of all the blue chip recruits from the 2016 class. It really shows where the talent is, and isn't. CMC has his 4 hour recruiting circle. In my mind in order to really change ISU's path on the football field he would need to grab 2 or 3 kids in that circle that are on that map. Obviously, you hope that he can stop Arkansas coming into Iowa and getting a good recruit.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/163686690/college-football-recruiting-2016-geography-map

Arkansas wouldn't have gotten Heinrich if not for the circumstances. Once MC got here, it was just too late.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
It isn't just football. Baseball Prospectus issued it's list this week of the top 101 prospects in Minor League baseball.

18 are from CA, 9 from FL, 7 from GA, 14 from the Dominican Republic and 7 from Venezuela.

IA, IL, MO MI,WI, MN, SD, ND, NE, KS, CO, UT, ID, WY, MN combined for zero.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
You have to admire Arkansas locking down its borders and getting the three in-state guys, considering the schools that they were likely going up against.

I found it kinda odd that Alabama didn't pull a top recruit out of Florida, given the sheer number of guys down there and their proximity. Obviously, they still ended up with the top class, but I found that interesting at least.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Is the phrase "blue chip" really still used?
Seems like a 90's, early 2000's term.

I remember on NCAA Football 98, 99, early 2000's, in dynasty mode they referred to the best prospects as blue chips, then later on everything switched to starzzz.

Clone2Dbone

Dec 10, 2015
It isn't just football. Baseball Prospectus issued it's list this week of the top 101 prospects in Minor League baseball.

18 are from CA, 9 from FL, 7 from GA, 14 from the Dominican Republic and 7 from Venezuela.

That explains why we're not getting baseball recruits. :jimlad:

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Arkansas wouldn't have gotten Heinrich if not for the circumstances. Once MC got here, it was just too late.

Whatever the circumstances a DM kid is still going to Arkansas. If you want to take this program to the next level you can let that level of recruit go to that kind of school in the future. It is one thing to lose to Alabama, Arkansas is a whole different argument.

Would like to see this for Basketball and see if it is reversed or not.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
Whatever the circumstances a DM kid is still going to Arkansas. If you want to take this program to the next level you can let that level of recruit go to that kind of school in the future. It is one thing to lose to Alabama, Arkansas is a whole different argument.

The difference here is that with Bielema down in Arkansas OL recruits know his history of getting OL into the NFL. That's a huge recruiting tool. As much as I love that we have the 2015 OL COY in Manning, until he starts putting big guys in the NFL from Iowa State, we will still have a rough time against OL proven HCs like Brett.