blythe signs in the CFL

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
old news.... actually my brother knows him pretty well and i guess the week after he signed his cfl contract, 3 nfl teams offered him guaranteed 1 year deals but he had already signed a 1 year contract with player option for the next year in the cfl so he couldnt do anything about it

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Hopefully he doesn't have to go across the middle! His career might end early.

Isnt the CFL field wider than our fields? If so its probably safer up there to cross frequently.

Also I recall him gouging Iowas defense on 07 by going over the middle a few times. From there i seem to only recall WR screens/quick slants to Blythe or deep(er) patterns the rest of the season. I was honestly disappointed he wasnt used in linebacker land more often.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
He was signed back in January, and released on Thursday -- also called "Cutdown Day" in the CFL, when teams finalize their 46-man rosters.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
he was playing really well but he had an ankle injury and their doctors said it would get worse if he kept playing on it

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
old news.... actually my brother knows him pretty well and i guess the week after he signed his cfl contract, 3 nfl teams offered him guaranteed 1 year deals but he had already signed a 1 year contract with player option for the next year in the cfl so he couldnt do anything about it
I'm not sure you get guaranteed contracts in the NFL. The only thing guaranteed is the bonus money and the longer the career the shorter the life span. I see you are a fellow Raider waiting for Al Davis to go so we can hold our heads high again. I even cheered for the Chiefs when Marcus Allen was there.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
I'm not sure you get guaranteed contracts in the NFL. The only thing guaranteed is the bonus money and the longer the career the shorter the life span. I see you are a fellow Raider waiting for Al Davis to go so we can hold our heads high again. I even cheered for the Chiefs when Marcus Allen was there.

You are right I just meant they offered actual 1 year contracts rather than a shot to make the roster or a shot on the practice squad.... And yes I am tired of waiting for them to be good... at the time i would even be content for them to just maintain stability on the coaching staff... I'm sick of getting new coaches every year and having to adjust to the systems

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
ISU's best offensive player since Seneca can't make a CFL team.

You may not want to let that sink in; it's a little depressing and quite telling of why so many losses have been racked up since Seneca left.

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
ISU's best offensive player since Seneca can't make a CFL team.

You may not want to let that sink in; it's a little depressing and quite telling of why so many losses have been racked up since Seneca left.

I wouldn't be too worried. Word has it he pushed off on the GM when he went to go sign his contract, so he wasn't off to the greatest start anyway.