Boise State's Reid Kagy expected to become Iowa State S&C coach after Frisco Bowl

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
I like the hire, has experience with Iowa State and also coached at Oregon.
Would be very interested if we could poach an OL from Boise st.

It's free agency with no contracts after all......

Last edited:

CysFam

Jul 24, 2021
So after we lost to Notre Dame we thought we needed to make changes in SC staff because we got dominated physically. Now we hire an assistant from that staff in Kagy?

• Agree
Reactions: clonehome

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I'm excited. I like the fact he's been at Oregon & Boise. Both schools with a lot of quick-twitch athletes and cover the range of recruits. Oregon 4 stars & BSU 2&3 stars.

I know we hired Andrews to get stronger, but I thought our players looked slow the last couple years. Kind of stiff.

Reactions: cyclone1209

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Must be a glutton for punishment, but had some off-time this weekend & watched the TCU game, which I thought I deleted later the night the game was played. Stretch in 3rd quarter the announcers focused on TCU's S&C coach, on who they heaped all kinds of praise. Not only that, I think Huard repeatedly said how ISU's coaching staff repeatedly gave him praise saying how much bigger TCU's players were in one years time. Found those comments intriguing given what happened afterward. Looks to have a solid pedigree, so here's hoping for a knockout hire. He's outside Campbell's orbit, so it shows that at the very least.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Must be a glutton for punishment, but had some off-time this weekend & watched the TCU game, which I thought I deleted later the night the game was played. Stretch in 3rd quarter the announcers focused on TCU's S&C coach, on who they heaped all kinds of praise. Not only that, I think Huard repeatedly said how ISU's coaching staff repeatedly gave him praise saying how much bigger TCU's players were in one years time. Found those comments intriguing given what happened afterward. Looks to have a solid pedigree, so here's hoping for a knockout hire. He's outside Campbell's orbit, so it shows that at the very least.

He's very much in Campbell's orbit. He is a Mount Union guy who was also on staff at ISU as an assistant from 2016-2018.

"Kagy is a 2012 graduate of Ohio State. He transferred to Ohio State after playing football at Mount Union for two seasons (2007 and 2008). He was a member of Mount Union’s 2008 Division III national championship team."

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
He's very much in Campbell's orbit. He is a Mount Union guy who was also on staff at ISU as an assistant from 2016-2018.

"Kagy is a 2012 graduate of Ohio State. He transferred to Ohio State after playing football at Mount Union for two seasons (2007 and 2008). He was a member of Mount Union’s 2008 Division III national championship team."

I stand corrected. I discovered this as I actually read through the entire article, so that's what I get jumping the gun.
Assistant from 2016-2018, too. That's well within. Don't know if this gives me pause or not, honestly.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
So after we lost to Notre Dame we thought we needed to make changes in SC staff because we got dominated physically. Now we hire an assistant from that staff in Kagy?
Hopefully we are not planning to double and triple down on the five play offense.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Some pretty good press & comments on Kagy @ Boise State sprinkled with some negative comments on number of injuries being high this past season. The little i saw there were more comments disappointed he was leaving than contrary. Hopefully learned & gained valuable experience while at Oregon then while running an entire program at Boise State.