Bonds

H

HGPuck

Some will vehemently disagree with you on this. I think at the very least he is in the conversation. It takes a lot more than being a body builder to hit a home run. Somewhat beside the point, if he was taking all he is accused of the length of his career is a marvel in itself.
I still think he is the best player of our generation....regardless of being an "A-hole".

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How is it collusion to say, "man, I don't want that creaky old 'roid lover on my team"?

I dunno what the union is complaining about anyway. If Bonds had been with a team, it just would have bumped another union member into the minors.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I have a unique opinion I guess.

Let me put this out there. Barry Bonds was my favorite player and has been since the early to mid-90's. He was a phenomonal hitter and was usually considered to have one of the best swings in the game.

Then the home run rush began, and while I certainly won't defend Bonds for using steroids, he takes an unfair brunt of the criticism when numerous other big shots also used. Now we all can probably agree he wouldn't of hit that many homers w/o the juice, but you can't say that he wasn't a great player and one of the best hitters in the game. His effort and mentality in the latter years made it hard to pull for him as well-

isu200023

Aug 19, 2008
Then the home run rush began, and while I certainly won't defend Bonds for using steroids, he takes an unfair brunt of the criticism when numerous other big shots also used. -

Why? Race? Because he's a liar and won't admit the obvious? Because he's sour to the media, fans, and teammates? If you ask him it's race. And, if being descriminated involved making the cash he has and having the addoring fans he has shunned, then sign me up. He's getting what he deserves. And in time he'll get his asterik in Cooperstown.

delt4cy

May 11, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Then you might as well get on your high horse/soap box and call out every player that was on that list and the numerous others that used steroids over the years and put asterisks behind every record/every team they were ever involved with. Ah Hell, let's just cross out the last 30 years of baseball. :no:

All I'm saying is that he takes an unfair amount of the blame. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve blame, but it would appear that Barry was the only one using steroids. That is clearly not the case. He is the center piece for all this discussion and is obviously the easiest scapegoat but let's not take away the fact that he was a great ballplayer.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
He may be a first class D-Bag but I do not believe it has ever been proven guilty of using the juice. As much as I everyone thinks he has, we can't prove it. He would have one of the best players of all time before the sudden "growth spurt". So even if he did use roids he will still be one of the best players of all time.

clintr

Nov 12, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm speculating that it has more to do with his possibility to land in jail during the season than the other acting in concert. You might miss a few ball games if you have to be in court/jail during the season.

I was hoping that he would finish out his career in San Francisco. If my memory serves me correct, I thought he and the team agreed to a contract with the Giants during the season, then the league shot it down because the document had some "bad language" or ridiculous clauses.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
He may be a first class D-Bag but I do not believe it has ever been proven guilty of using the juice. As much as I everyone thinks he has, we can't prove it. He would have one of the best players of all time before the sudden "growth spurt". So even if he did use roids he will still be one of the best players of all time.

Except in the leaked grand jury testimony, he said he unknowingly took the cream and clear.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Then you might as well get on your high horse/soap box and call out every player that was on that list and the numerous others that used steroids over the years and put asterisks behind every record/every team they were ever involved with. Ah Hell, let's just cross out the last 30 years of SPORTS.:no:

All I'm saying is that he takes an unfair amount of the blame. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve blame, but it would appear that Barry was the only one using steroids. That is clearly not the case. He is the center piece for all this discussion and is obviously the easiest scapegoat but let's not take away the fact that he was a great ballplayer.

Fixed it there...