Bono & Reader to Wisconsin!

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Interesting , thought Reader would stay at SDSU as head coach . Wonder if Gross can /will follow .
I would think not. His RS is spent and he will be a senior next year. He will finish at SDSU and probably move over to the Wisconsin wrestling club. Getting both coaches is a big win for UW. Expectations will be sky high so both better buckle in.

• Agree
Reactions: 6scrapper7

CYwrestle

Feb 23, 2014
Will be interesting to see how the new transfer rules come into play. Also will Gross look to graduate early which would allow him to transfer to WI....

Also would Zadick be interested in SDSU, something to think about. This could get interesting.

Last edited:

Matt33

Apr 12, 2015
On Takedown this morning they mentioned Barry Davis might not be done and could be coming to the state of Iowa. Anyone know anything about that?

RUNx365

Mar 23, 2015
Barry Davis is coaching a EIWC practice in CR in early April. They tweeted about that this morning. Cornell will have an opening with Duroe’s health issues. Maybe he Davis comes home to the CR area? That is 100% me thinking out loud with no evidence.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Hawks running ISU and Cyclones running Wisconsin. Lol

I have heard Barry Davis will be doing some work with the Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I think Zadick likes the coaching aspect more than the paperwork fund raising etc that head coaching entails. Dresser gives him free reign in practice I could be wrong , hope he stays. It would be closer to home . Wonder who Bono suggested to his AD.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I think Zadick likes the coaching aspect more than the paperwork fund raising etc that head coaching entails. Dresser gives him free reign in practice I could be wrong , hope he stays. It would be closer to home . Wonder who Bono suggested to his AD.

I would agree with this. Zadick gets to run practice and not handle the paper work. I may be wrong about that, but that is my impression

• Agree
Reactions: crablegs

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Zadick just doesn't appear like he cares to be a head coach. He seems very content with being involved with the sport and not needing much more then that. He makes a really good salary with not as much headache. And here is doing head coaching things with out all the responsibility.

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98