BoR laughs at ISU

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
Yep, they even got new wooden benches so I don't get splinters in my ***. Someday you guys will understand business 101. Until then...

Student athletics and business 101 shouldn't go hand in hand. Last time I checked college athletics were more about the student athlete than the dead presidents. I guess you greedy bastards in the Big Ten don't care about that.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
because Texas thinks their **** smells like roses and they get what they want. Texas being a d-bag is the reason for this. .

Can you possibly understand the incredible irony of a statement like this coming from an Iowa fan? You are over on a Cyclone board reveling in our misery and you make a statement like this? Choice.

My word, I wish I could somehow have a checkbox in my taxes to redirect that portion of them that supports UI. I will never support that university in any capacity.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
Can you possibly understand the incredible irony of a statement like this coming from an Iowa fan? You are over on a Cyclone board reveling in our misery and you make a statement like this? Choice.

My word, I wish I could somehow have a checkbox in my taxes to redirect that portion of them that supports UI. I will never support that university in any capacity.

I would not take it out on the university. Chances are he's never seen the inside of a classroom there.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
If I say "Yes I have", you're going to call me a liar and if I say "you're right I haven't" you're gonna say I told you so. So does this argument really matter?

To you and every other UI troll --- WHY ARE YOU HERE? What do you want? Do you enjoy rolling around in our misery? Rhetorical question of course, you do.

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
If I say "Yes I have", you're going to call me a liar and if I say "you're right I haven't" you're gonna say I told you so. So does this argument really matter?

Now who's run circles around you?!?! Look at you - you're paralyzed!

edit - "gonna" is not a real word, btw. So we know the answer anyway.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
To you and every other UI troll --- WHY ARE YOU HERE? What do you want? Do you enjoy rolling around in our misery? Rhetorical question of course, you do.

Where have I rolled around in your misery? Point it out? I just want clarification. You guys are focusing the blame in an area where I don't think it should be. I haven't said one thing over here saying I reveling over the whole situation.

As for you NobodyBeatsCy, keep it up, you're on a roll. Ever thought about taking your shtick on the road?

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Where have I rolled around in your misery? Point it out? I just want clarification. You guys are focusing the blame in an area where I don't think it should be. I haven't said one thing over here saying I reveling over the whole situation.

As for you NobodyBeatsCy, keep it up, you're on a roll. Ever thought about taking your shtick on the road?

You're here --- WHY? Why would you be on an ISU message board as a self-proclaimed UI fan? Why? Look we get it ok? This whole situation is a d=mn disaster for ISU. And you are here why --- because you enjoy watching us suffer? GET LOST and take the rest of your d-mn fan base with you.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
You're here --- WHY? Why would you be on an ISU message board as a self-proclaimed UI fan? Why? Look we get it ok? This whole situation is a d=mn disaster for ISU. And you are here why --- because you enjoy watching us suffer? GET LOST and take the rest of your d-mn fan base with you.

You didn't even answer my question. I've been a member here for a while and I don't stir pots. I just asked for clarification. You guys are doing nothing but wallowing in your own pity and hating everything from the outside. Whatever. If it makes you sleep better at night then so be it.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
You didn't even answer my question. I've been a member here for a while and I don't stir pots. I just asked for clarification. You guys are doing nothing but wallowing in your own pity and hating everything from the outside. Whatever. If it makes you sleep better at night then so be it.

UHHH..... We're on our OWN message board discussing one of the worst things ever to happen to ISU sports. What should we be doing --- celebrating? Why are you on here --- like ever? HN doesn't give you a chance to talk enough sports? Why are you on a Cyclone fan website today unless you are here to enjoy our misery?

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
UHHH..... We're on our OWN message board discussing one of the worst things ever to happen to ISU sports. What should we be doing --- celebrating? Why are you on here --- like ever? HN doesn't give you a chance to talk enough sports? Why are you on a Cyclone fan website today unless you are here to enjoy our misery?

Been down this road, don't need to explain it yet another time. Have a good night gentlemen and ladies. You can rest now knowing at least one Hawk fan has logged off for the evening.

IAm4State

Jun 9, 2010
Waterloo, IA
Before you all got into a ******* match with HawkfromNorwalk, I will come to his defense and support him because he's right. That's right I said it! He's right. This isn't about greed, it's about business. Because schools need operating capital. ISU's living off the tax payers while unlike my adopted school in Ames, institutions like Ohio St, Penn St, MI St, and Iowa have athletic programs that actually generate enough income to not only support themselves, but I know for a fact that they fund other departments on campus as well as the athletic departments. So if you want throw stones at the BoR you better look at ISU first as the problem. The BoR has hitched their wagon to Iowa...and for a good reason.

BTW, other than the State of Iowa, I've never recalled any of the other Midwest states that I've lived in having a BoR. Are they actually paid for that job title? Who pays them? You and me? Why?

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Before you all got into a ******* match with HawkfromNorwalk, I will come to his defense and support him because he's right. That's right I said it! He's right. This isn't about greed, it's about business. Because schools need operating capital. ISU's living off the tax payers while unlike my adopted school in Ames, institutions like Ohio St, Penn St, MI St, and Iowa have athletic programs that actually generate enough income to not only support themselves, but I know for a fact that they fund other departments on campus as well as the athletic departments. So if you want throw stones at the BoR you better look at ISU first as the problem. The BoR has hitched their wagon to Iowa...and for a good reason.

BTW, other than the State of Iowa, I've never recalled any of the other Midwest states that I've lived in having a BoR. Are they actually paid for that job title? Who pays them? You and me? Why?
They have done a good job at forcing people to donate. Soon conferences across America will do the same...until it gets so out of hand politicians get involved.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA

A couple of quick points: (1) The Iowa State Athletic Department has been consistently reducing the amount of state money that it has received. Iowa State was down to $1.5million/year and was in the process of eliminating it all together. Conference realignment may now affect this; and (2) This is not just business. These are non-profit, tax exempt organizations.

If this is just a business -- DO AWAY WITH TITLE IX

Is it right for the SEC to have a $15 Billion CBS Contract and not have to pay a dime in taxes?

el tornado

Mar 23, 2006
Nebraska is to blame, not Texas.

Texas had more to gain if the Big 12 stayed intact. Funny how after Nebraska left that they tried to say that it wasn't their fault. BS. Tom Osborne can **** off.

I can't wait to beat NU when we play them in Ames for the last time ever

Arazi92

Jun 10, 2010
I agree. U of I just voted yes to poaching a school from the Big 12 that is located 4 hours further away from the rest of the Big 10 than ISU. This was pure politics. ISU makes more sense from every standpoint other than TV sets.

U think Iowa State makes more sense than Nebraska? You're kidding right?