Boston at Dapper Dan

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Boston got handled by PA Dalton Macri 0-9. All points earned, no fluke, just simply molested hed.

Yikes. I've had my suspicions about him when it comes to being an immediate contributor because he is not very accomplished on the national scene. I guess this backs that up a bit. I think he will need a few years in the room before he's ready for prime time.

Mar 12, 2014
Yikes. I've had my suspicions about him when it comes to being an immediate contributor because he is not very accomplished on the national scene. I guess this backs that up a bit. I think he will need a few years in the room before he's ready for prime time.

Not sure why your post changed my quote, not cool, especially with that chosen word. I agree, he won't be starting right away unless they don't have any other options.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Macri is a 126 pounder. And I believe the guys get a big weight allowance and day before weigh in. Not saying that has everything or anything to do with it, but he could have been outsized.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Not sure why your post changed my quote, not cool, especially with that chosen word. I agree, he won't be starting right away unless they don't have any other options.

LOL...I see that now! I have trouble posting from my phone and it auto-corrected it. My fault. Sort of funny that it picked that word.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I think redshirting is really necessary especially at the lower weights. We learned that with meeks.

Redshirting depends on the wrestler but it is more necessary at the upper weights than the lower ones due to the maturity and strength difference between a 180 or 190 lb man and a 180 or 190 lb boy. A majority of the frosh/soph AAs come in the lower weights, IMHO.

Mar 12, 2014
Macri is a 126 pounder. And I believe the guys get a big weight allowance and day before weigh in. Not saying that has everything or anything to do with it, but he could have been outsized.

I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that Macri won that match in the neutral position. Boston likes to be underneath his opponents and control the elbows. That didn't work in this match. I don't recall any "power/weight" moves to indicate that size played a role in the match.

Boston will learn to get to his feet in college instead of hanging out on his butt. That butt position cost him 3 points.

Boston will improve with a redshirt year. Being in KY, pinning all his opponents doesn't exactly sharpen ones skills.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I never watched the match, so that is why I made this statement.

Not saying that has everything or anything to do with it, but he could have been outsized.

I have not seen Nathan wrestle, I don't know if he is a big 120 pounder or not cutting any weight. I do agree that he needs to redshirt

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron