Bowl Eligible!

mark82

Jun 19, 2006
After last season and the chaos of last summer, I just wanted to see improvement over the year, particularly with the offense. This team has already accomplished more than I expected. I hope the Clones win out, but even if they lose a lot of their remaining games, this season is a huge success in my book.

Cambell has guided this team through some rough seas. No, he is not perfect, but d@mn he is a h*ll of a coach!

Go Clones!!

Horns Down!

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
The ESPN's and FOX's of the world push that bowl games don't matter, but I love them and they are important for the players to get more practices in too......so happy to be bowling again!
I mean they are pretty much worthless now BUT it in no way means I don't want us to play in one for the above reasons you mentioned. But also because there are so many bowls if you don't qualify for one then you really had a poor season.

Reactions: Cyclone06

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
The ESPN's and FOX's of the world push that bowl games don't matter, but I love them and they are important for the players to get more practices in too......so happy to be bowling again!
The biggest benefit to us this year is because we have a young team, there’s less of an ability for collectives to come in and try to snipe guys. Portal opens the 4th of December till January 2nd ,and now most of our guys will still be practicing at that point. Obviously you never keep everyone, but this is a HUGE step in retaining this team from that aspect

Kettes

Sep 18, 2022
I refuse to subscribe to the mentality that if your team isn't in the top third of the SEC, post season play doesn't matter. The Cyclones have worked very hard to improve, this year, and they have EARNED the right to celebrate and showcase that improvement in a post-season game. What level of bowl that will be is still undetermined (many here even wrote off the possibility of a bowl game after the Kansas loss.).

I really don't mind the early losses, since they were necessary for the growth. The KU loss hurt; can't lie there. But, still, here we are: BOWL ELIGIBLE! Be proud and support the team where ever they go.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It's a milestone for this roster and program without a doubt. We were 4-8 last season and dead last in the Big 12. This program could have easily been on its way to a downslide and rebuild after the Ohio loss. Our guys will be excited to play, and now we have some momentum going into the new Big 12, where our schedule will get significantly easier. Good time to be a Cyclone fan.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
The extra practices are bigger than anything. Obviously yes I'm hoping we can win at least one of the next three to get a winning season and more would obviously be awesome BUT

those practices are huge. Even if people still transfer with the portal, those extra practices are going to be massive in theory

• Agree
Reactions: wintersmd

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I mean they are pretty much worthless now BUT it in no way means I don't want us to play in one for the above reasons you mentioned. But also because there are so many bowls if you don't qualify for one then you really had a poor season.

Being in a bowl basically puts you in the top 86 teams (43 bowls) but at least you're not worse than that.

Reactions: jctisu

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Bowl eligible, and the announcers were saying that our offensive line was dominating the BYU defense was amazing. Before the season, the line couldn't dominate the Sisters of Perpetual Motion, let alone any Power 5 team. Maybe that new line coach is the real thing. I want just one thing for Christmas: to send the Shorthorns off to the SEC with a loss. It should knock them out of the top 10. Go Clones.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I saw one site had us at the Independence bowl. At least that place would be warm ish.

CYISFLY

Jun 30, 2009
SW Ia
Maybe they don’t mean as much as they used to. It gives the team extra time together. And it’s just damn fun when they win against different teams

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It's a milestone for this roster and program without a doubt. We were 4-8 last season and dead last in the Big 12. This program could have easily been on its way to a downslide and rebuild after the Ohio loss. Our guys will be excited to play, and now we have some momentum going into the new Big 12, where our schedule will get significantly easier. Good time to be a Cyclone fan.
Going from dead last to a guaranteed winning conference record and a shot at the championship game with two games left, after that offseason, is coach of the year type stuff

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I was going to add that tidbit about the Ohio game. In addition to last season and the nonsense this summer, to pull the team off the mat after that game and have them playing such solid football is a testament to Matt and his staff.

I think deep down the team and coaches knew they were better than that performance with the illnesses and crap, but it felt like a new team against OSU. They didn't let that loss bring them down one bit.

Aug 20, 2012
Maybe they don’t mean as much as they used to. It gives the team extra time together. And it’s just damn fun when they win against different teams

It means as much, if not more, than it ever has this season. Thanks to the Ohio debacle that is where win number 10 happens.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Bowl eligible, and the announcers were saying that our offensive line was dominating the BYU defense was amazing. Before the season, the line couldn't dominate the Sisters of Perpetual Motion, let alone any Power 5 team. Maybe that new line coach is the real thing. I want just one thing for Christmas: to send the Shorthorns off to the SEC with a loss. It should knock them out of the top 10. Go Clones.
Clanton is the real deal. He is going to get the OL better and better, no doubt there.

But in seriousness, the play calling was huge too. Neal was in pulling A TON. Others pulled some as well.

We are a really good pin and pull offensive line and stretch zone team. We are a really crappy inside zone team, at least to start the game. Once we get a defense going side to side, we can block it OK. If we start out trying to run up the middle, we're not there... yet.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
if we finish with 6/7 wins I hope we go to the liberty bowl. I live in nashville, probably wouldn't make any other bowl due to costs and time from work.