Bowl Game Projections

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Last edited:

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Is there a bowl ranking system to rate the amount of crime you might expect to experience as a tourist?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
That would be disappointing, and yet optimistic and exciting at the same time. I think this team has the talent and coaching for better than the Liberty Biwl, but we're only 4-2 and likely underdogs in 4 or 5 of our remaining 6 games.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Liberty Bowl would be my realistic preference. Memphis is great, it's on a Saturday on ABC, it would be against an SEC opponent. I'd rather play a Mississippi State or a Kentucky though. Comparable athletes and a game we could be expected to win. Even better, if Vanderbilt gets to 6-6, let's play them and then tickets will be cheaper since they have no fans.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Wow, 2 B1G teams in the playoff, but no Big 12 teams.... ok?

Nevermind that as someone else said yesterday, the B1G is like 1-17 against ranked teams this year. Yeah, they're so good.
Did have 3 in the New Years Six which if we were bowl eligible would move us up big time

Reactions: aauummm

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Big 12 Diehards has ISU projected to the Armed Forces Bowl in Ft. Worth vs. Army. This is a legit site, I believe it is Tim Griffith left the San Antonio Express to be part of this group. They put out some good stuff.

https://www.diehards.com/national/week-7-bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-2017

It would be fun to play Army, and I liked playing them at JTS a few years ago, but it would really suck to go play in TCU's stadium, a place we play in on a regular basis, for a bowl game.

Speaking of Army, they had 0 passing yards and still won yesterday.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Liberty Bowl would be my realistic preference. Memphis is great, it's on a Saturday on ABC, it would be against an SEC opponent. I'd rather play a Mississippi State or a Kentucky though. Comparable athletes and a game we could be expected to win. Even better, if Vanderbilt gets to 6-6, let's play them and then tickets will be cheaper since they have no fans.
I would rather play Mi$$ery and laugh at their SEC money.