BOWL GAME WATCH IN AMES/ANKENY/DES MOINES?

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
So with our schedule, we couldn't make traveling to the bowl game work this year.

Does anyone know if any bars in the Ames/Ankeny/Des Moines area having a game watch? Or is there an official Cyclone Fanatic or Alumni game watch?

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I'm in the boat wealready had a trip planned for Orlando the week after for my HS buddy's wedding. Will be working the day of the bowl but who knows where at this point because a few of our sites got hit hard by last weeks storm and are still recovering.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Not crazy about the 4:45 time slot. I’m gonna watch from the comfort of a couch. Probably get some food delivered

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
I have not seen anything posted about an official game watch in Des Moines so I guess if anyone knows of a bunch of people getting together at a certain bar, post it up here. Thanks!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm in the boat wealready had a trip planned for Orlando the week after for my HS buddy's wedding. Will be working the day of the bowl but who knows where at this point because a few of our sites got hit hard by last weeks storm and are still recovering.

I hear ya. We had a trip to Disney already scheduled for mid-january. Couldn't justify 2 florida trips that close together. I'm just going to smoke meat and watch at the home base.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Whiskey River in Ankeny is usually a pretty good place to catch an Iowa State game. I would imagine pretty much every bar that has TVs in the metro is going to be an ISU game watch.