BOWL: Liberty Bowl vs Memphis Dec 29

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
* Memphis only fills about 50-60% of stadium for home games

Memphis had that crazy ticket promotion at the start of the season -- buy a ticket for the home opener, and if they won you got a free ticket for the next home game, and it kept rolling over as long as they won home games.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
FYI - a lot of great things to do in Memphis, but this is a must do in my opinion. Have gone each bowl trip and will go back again this time.

The Sun studio tour is REALLY great as well. Easy to walk to from the downtown hotels. The Civil Rights Museum is also really well done. We've done both twice and enjoyed them both times. There's a good BBQ place near the Civil Rights museum.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
The Sun studio tour is REALLY great as well. Easy to walk to from the downtown hotels. The Civil Rights Museum is also really well done. We've done both twice and enjoyed them both times. There's a good BBQ place near the Civil Rights museum.
Rendezvous?

NorthIowaCy

May 10, 2022
I’ve seen a lot of negative comments about a bowl game in Memphis. Remember back at the beginning of the season when the Cyclones were
1-2, and then 2-3? After that start I appreciate the team’s effort to get us into a bowl game.
Memphis has some places everyone should see and experience. I’ve been to Memphis many times and enjoyed my stay every time. If you are looking for a place to stay, check out the Airbnb. Many of the old hotels, stores, and warehouses close to Beale Street have been made into very rentals. And the area around Beale is very safe, there is a large visible police presence.
If you are a music fan, Beale Street is fun anytime of the day. Especially King
Jerry Lawler's Hall of Fame Bar & Grille on a Wednesday night with The Beale Street All-Star Band. Guaranteed a great time. The goats at Silky O'Sullivan's bar.
Gus’s World-Famous Fried Chicken for the best chicken you will ever taste. Charlie Vergos' Rendezvous BBQ, not the best BBQ in town, but worth the visit to see the basement restaurant.
Sun Records where the first rock and roll songs were ever recorded and the Stax Museum of American Soul Music.
I’m not a huge fan of Graceland but it is a good place if you like Elvis’s history and music.
The National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel is a must see whenever in Memphis.
The parade down Beale Street with the sidewalks packed with red and gold Cyclone fans and the pep meeting. What a great show of fan support.

TigerFan17

Dec 5, 2017
The more I think about this, the more I would feel pissed if I was Memphis.
You know half the fun of a bowl game is to go somewhere. They get none of that. I can't imagine half the memphis fans will stay in hotels or more than a night. just don't get it.

Rendezvous?
Central BBQ is directly behind the National Civil Rights museum. Rendezvous is for tourists, if you want good BBQ go to central.

Reactions: fcclone

Cyghhh

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 18, 2022
The only guy who could potentially sit out is Tampa. Unsure of Verdon's injury status but for end of season that's about as close to 100% a team can get.
And I think Memphis has a couple of starters that already entered the portal. Their starting RG and K. They won't be full strength either. Bowl games are just more glorified exhibitions than they ever used to be these days.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
2:30 Friday afternoon kickoff against an AAC opponent we just played a few years ago...yuck. Not as bad as the Tulsa rematch but not a ton to get excited about. I guess the extra practices will be nice. Sucks to have to play road games at two g5 school in one season.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
To everyone saying “don’t lose to Ohio and you’ll get a better bowl.”
No, the Big 12 just has ****** bowl partnerships. Hopefully with the PAC12 dead, we’ll pick up some of theirs.

Btw, here is 7-5 Wisconsin. 0 ranked wins & a weaker strength of record than us.