BOWL: Liberty Bowl vs Memphis Dec 29

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
If you’ve never been and have questions about what to do and see and what to avoid, feel free to ask.
Okay. I will bite. Best BBQ? Cyclone Bar, if there is one? Best breakfast place? As I am expecting a hangover to happen after we kick Memphis's butt. I think we will win by at least two touchdowns.

Reactions: nrg4isu

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You’re not carpooling with @JP4CY and @CoachHines3’s mom?
JP told me I could tag along with him then conveniently said oh I’m sorry, I’ve got to haul the Amish rocker down there so there’s no more room.

@CoachHines3 has room but I don’t want to get arrested in a strip club while he’s doing lines off a hookers asscrack.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
JP told me I could tag along with him then conveniently said oh I’m sorry, I’ve got to haul the Amish rocker down there so there’s no more room.

@CoachHines3 has room but I don’t want to get arrested in a strip club while he’s doing lines off a hookers asscrack.
well i see u dont like to have fun

i was even going to share.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Orlando is bad from a congregation stand point but it's hard to go wrong in terms of entertainment.....if you have a young family, Disney is right there, adults might venture for the beach which is just 45 minutes to an hour away.

And at least Orlando is usually warm still in late December. I'd take Orlando over Memphis any time.
Good for you.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don't get to the beach often, but am very content walking, lying, walking, lying, more lying. Just relaxing and listening to the ocean sounds.
Beaches are for eating and drinking on. Except Hawaii. I'd live in the water.

• Winner
Reactions: Die4Cy

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
McMurphy predicted an opening line of ISU -9. I have not watched 1 minute of Memphis football this year, but looking at those scores, Memphis seems like better than a 9-point dog
Would have said the same thing about any of the g5 teams that bumped up to the big 12 if they had similar resumes before coming to the big12. How did that work out for any of them this season? Memphis didn't play anything like a schedule that we did. I think they'll play sloppy football and we'll take advantage of it. Cooper has at least 1 intercept is my prediction.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
McMurphy predicted an opening line of ISU -9. I have not watched 1 minute of Memphis football this year, but looking at those scores, Memphis seems like better than a 9-point dog
IIRC Espn s&p had Iowa State at -6.5. I talked with some memphis fans on reddit they believe their team is significantly worse than the 2017 liberty bowl that we faced for what it is worth. They don't seem to have a good defense, so i think it comes down to if we can limit their offense. I have more faith our defense will show down the tigers more than their defense can slow down the clones.

Reactions: Ingynow

TigerFan17

Dec 5, 2017
Okay. I will bite. Best BBQ? Cyclone Bar, if there is one? Best breakfast place? As I am expecting a hangover to happen after we kick Memphis's butt. I think we will win by at least two touchdowns.
Assuming you’re staying downtown: Central BBQ by the Civil Rights Museum (also worth a visit). Best breakfast: sunrise or the arcade. As for the rest, I agree with the hangover; we’ll see about the game.

Reactions: nrg4isu

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Well then,
I'm thinking I wouldn't fit in very well with that crew. Maybe I'll see if I can ride in JP's Amish rocker...

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Our fanbase has heard that before.........

Disappointed that Pollard didn't mention Busch Light by name when the Liberty Bowl Director in the announcement press conference explicitly asked him the name of the beer they didn't have enough of last time.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Disappointed that Pollard didn't mention Busch Light by name when the Liberty Bowl Director in the announcement press conference explicitly asked him the name of the beer they didn't have enough of last time.
Might have been viewed as an endorsement by an AD for a particular brand of beer? Just spitballin' here.

Frog

May 6, 2021
Jammie Pollard sent US a personal e-mail inviting us! My wife bought the package she/we wanted. Looking forward to going!
Oh my gosh, I know JP sends e-mails to all season ticket holders and not just to us personally. LOL I was having some fun with the message.

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, but have enough lead for a A+ essay. LOL

Help Support Us

Become a patron