BOWL: Liberty Bowl vs Memphis Dec 29

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
Hey all, we’re thinking or renting out a bar a block or two from the Liberty Bowl the morning of the game (like 830am-12:30pm) as sort of a quasi We Will fundraiser. Would that be of interest?

We have a spot bought already but I'd donate money to get a couple spots on Tiger Lane to throw a tailgate. Is that an option @brentblum ?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Oh my gosh, I know JP sends e-mails to all season ticket holders and not just to us personally. LOL I was having some fun with the message.

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, but have enough lead for a A+ essay. LOL
Yup. CyDude16 and I were just riffing off your post. :)

Reactions: Frog

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
Wrong thread.

I need a drink!

I missed the last two Memphis Bowls. Headed down for this one.

Been to Memphis a handful of times, so I’m good on what to do outside the stadium.

I’m getting anxiety not knowing the alcohol options inside the stadium. LOL.

Public Club access available?
If not, what are the ticket options?

Beer sales?
Etc Etc.

Many thanks!

Reactions: NWICY

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
If there is one thing the ISU bowl destination process has taught me over the years, it's that absolutely no destination/matchup will make every Cyclone fan happy.

I am pretty sure some ISU supporters would complain about the city or matchup we got if we made the CFB Playoff.
Agreed. The amount of complaining on here at just the ticket price alone would be ridiculous. I was able to go to the Final last season as my buddy is a TCU fan. Got the tickets at cost and still paid $600 for that **** show

Reactions: Erik4Cy

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Tulsa tabled the turns after ISU dominated them in September.

Another notch on the 'how's the program actually doing?' board of that season.
Another typical Rhoads game. Look like we got in hand in the 1st quarter. Make no changes and not score again. We were up 17-7 at the end of the 1st.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Tulsa tabled the turns after ISU dominated them in September.

Another notch on the 'how's the program actually doing?' board of that season.

i forgot all about the temptations!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Let me check on this! Our trouble may be getting the mass amounts of beer needed to throw a proper party!

Consume mass quantities!

eating-hungry-at-party.gif

Jvc.gif

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Assuming you’re staying downtown: Central BBQ by the Civil Rights Museum (also worth a visit). Best breakfast: sunrise or the arcade. As for the rest, I agree with the hangover; we’ll see about the game.
It will help your team if they don't start out by disrespecting our team helmet at the press conference.:)

Reactions: VeloClone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Okay. I will bite. Best BBQ? Cyclone Bar, if there is one? Best breakfast place? As I am expecting a hangover to happen after we kick Memphis's butt. I think we will win by at least two touchdowns.
Um, you should wait until after opposing team fan gives up the intel, before dissing said team. :D
Assuming you’re staying downtown: Central BBQ by the Civil Rights Museum (also worth a visit). Best breakfast: sunrise or the arcade. As for the rest, I agree with the hangover; we’ll see about the game.
:)

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Not sure what you’re referring to, but I hate that they did this in the past.
Not a huge deal. At the press conference before the game there was a helmet from each school sitting on the table and one of the Memphis players flipped ISUs upside down. Iowa press had a field day with it. After ISU won one of our players, Allen Lazard who currently plays for the Jets, flipped the Memphis helmet upside down. Just a little friendly smack.

Reactions: VeloClone

TigerFan17

Dec 5, 2017
Not a huge deal. At the press conference before the game there was a helmet from each school sitting on the table and one of the Memphis players flipped ISUs upside down. Iowa press had a field day with it. After ISU won one of our players, Allen Lazard who currently plays for the Jets, flipped the Memphis helmet upside down. Just a little friendly smack.
Hopefully we learned our lesson.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Oh my gosh, I know JP sends e-mails to all season ticket holders and not just to us personally. LOL I was having some fun with the message.

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box, but have enough lead for a A+ essay. LOL

Yup. CyDude16 and I were just riffing off your post. :)
And I find it hilarious how bent out of shape CyDude16 is getting over my simple statement that someone who has been a season ticket holder since before Pollard was our AD and moved into one of the new club seating sections after it was built would get a courtesy call from an assistant director asking if I had just missed the deadline before releasing the seats to new people looking to move into the section.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
POTENTIAL WE WILL FUNDRAISER FOR THE TAILGATE LOT

Holy crap. How much beer can that guy drink? I would like to see a race between him and the Fox from the Man Show. That guy could throw beer down FAST!
man_show_fox.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
POTENTIAL WE WILL FUNDRAISER FOR THE TAILGATE LOT

Knew a guy in college that could do that, somehow relaxed his throat muscles and could just pour a whole beer down, it was pretty impressive when he did a quart at a time.