Bracketology 2024

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I know that Lunardi's Bracketology isn't accurate but he really trashes on the Big 12 and favors the Big 10. He tends to have a lot of Big 12 teams on the bubble when all of the analytics have them easily in.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I know that Lunardi's Bracketology isn't accurate but he really trashes on the Big 12 and favors the Big 10. He tends to have a lot of Big 12 teams on the bubble when all of the analytics have them easily in.
in his latest update- (this morning) he has 10 big 12 teams in, just like the athletic.

iowa state is a 7 seed in his bracket, which is also where Bracket Matrix has us.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
in his latest update- (this morning) he has 10 big 12 teams in, just like the athletic.

iowa state is a 7 seed in his bracket, which is also where Bracket Matrix has us.
he must have wised up. I checked a couple of weeks ago and he had three or four teams on the bubble.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Too early for me to worry about seedings right now. Usually I don't even start to think about it until late February at the earliest as a lot can happen between now and then. Always fun to speculate I guess but we could go on a big run through the conference or have a bad stretch and to sit here today and think we'll maintain around where they project us as a seed today is really just a crapshoot.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

We should just pin what I'm about to say to the top of the thread.

Lunardi consistently grades out as one of the worst bracketologist out there. He just happens to have the biggest platform.

Over the last 5 years he's ranked 98th...

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
We should just pin what I'm about to say to the top of the thread.

Lunardi consistently grades out as one of the worst bracketologist out there. He just happens to have the biggest platform.

Over the last 5 years he's ranked 98th...

An ESPN hack who is grossly overrated at their relatively niche "expertise"?

Are you sure you don't mean Matthew Berry?

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
What do people realistically think we’ll end up with for conference record? Feel like 10-8 is realistic but requires us to take care of business against a number of ranked teams at home and win a few on the road against unranked teams.

I could see anywhere between 8-11 wins in conference.

Last year we were 9-9, had a better non conference and got a 6 seed.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
What do people realistically think we’ll end up with for conference record? Feel like 10-8 is realistic but requires us to take care of business against a number of ranked teams at home and win a few on the road against unranked teams.

Just winning out at home gets us to 10 wins. We don't have to win another game on the road. With that said, there are some opportunities for road wins at KSU, UCF, Cincy, and even Texas. Not saying we'll win all of those, only saying that the opportunity will be there.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018

Conference is much better this year

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Just winning out at home gets us to 10 wins. We don't have to win another game on the road. With that said, there are some opportunities for road wins at KSU, UCF, Cincy, and even Texas. Not saying we'll win all of those, only saying that the opportunity will be there.
That’s how I see it. Given the level of competition at home you have to think we drop one. Maybe two. Some winnable road games in there could balance this out.

I am pretty happy starting 3-2. The conference is just an absolute gauntlet again this year.

• Agree
Reactions: ca4cy

83cy

May 14, 2006
I agree but I don't think ISU wins out at home, lots of tough teams.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It’s crazy someone has a job as a college basketball writer yet thinks big ten > big 12. I mean the big ten may genuinely be closer to the MAC than the big 12 over the past decade.