Brackins

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Unless Craig turns it up a notch for Big 12 play anyone here wonder if he'll have no choice but to come back again next season? Right now I can't imagine that he's helping his draft stock and there is a HUGE difference between being drafted in the 1st and second rounds. Mostly garunteed money and length of contract. 2nd round contracts are not always garunteed and getting more than a 1 or 2 year deal is very uncommon.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Unless Craig turns it up a notch for Big 12 play anyone here wonder if he'll have no choice but to come back again next season? Right now I can't imagine that he's helping his draft stock and there is a HUGE difference between being drafted in the 1st and second rounds. Mostly garunteed money and length of contract. 2nd round contracts are not always garunteed and getting more than a 1 or 2 year deal is very uncommon.

If he continues playing like he has thus far, he will have no choice but to come back... or go to Europe. He's playing really bad right now. He was 9-20 yesterday on shooting, correct? Not good.

My guess is that his game will not improve much once Big 12 play starts, so right now I'd say it's better than a 50% shot he's back again next year.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
He needs to learn to go strait up on his shots. He lacks some inside moves.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
This is exactly how he was prior to conference play last year as well. He went big time come conference play.

Will be interesting to see if it repeats itself. Alot of season left.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Can see the frustration on Brackins face. His teammates could help him a little by moving after the entry pass. I like the isolation for Brackins, but other guys have to quit watching him.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Can see the frustration on Brackins face. His teammates could help him a little by moving after the entry pass. I like the isolation for Brackins, but other guys have to quit watching him.

I think once he works out for the NBA with some talent around him he will prove himself to be solid.

Think of the millions of dollars that he will have wasted if he doesnt go to the NBA this year.

The negativity surrounding coach Macs ability to develop players could really be hurt.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames
He needs to learn to go strait up on his shots. He lacks some inside moves.

He really doesnt lack inside moves, the problem is he never gets the ball inside he always gets the ball 15 feet away from the basket and a lot of that is on the guards.

Final42b

Jan 4, 2009
Ames

Ya they all just stand and watch him thats the big problem here.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I think a lot of that is on him too.

Gee, wonder if this was a problem on the USA World University Games team? No, they had a motion offense, and Craig impressed everyone.
To put it succinctly, it's not the player, it's the program, and our offense (or lack of it) that we run.
I think this team is effectively a prison for #21...

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
doesnt help when we have an offense that doesnt move at all, makes it too easy for other teams to double team him.

Bingo. And nobody seals off their players, and little interior screening that isolates Craig and prevents double-teams.

EddieISU

Aug 16, 2008
Waukee "The Key", iowa
Hope he has a big 2nd half of the season like last year in conference play. The kid could of gone pro, but came back to play for Iowa State. For that, I respect and root the best for him.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Ever since we played Saint Louis, we've played like ****...totally undisciplined and sloppy for the most part. Before that, even though it was to bad teams, we did look good with the ball and off the ball..and then BAM it stopped

I knew I shouldn't have gone. I'm the bad luck guy apparently! :confused:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
He really doesnt lack inside moves, the problem is he never gets the ball inside he always gets the ball 15 feet away from the basket and a lot of that is on the guards.

Then maybe he needs to not post up 10 feet away, and then want to jump out and face up when he catches the ball.

S

st8

there was multiple instatnces in the game yesterday where craig just gave some of the other guys on the team a look like "WTF are you doing??". he was obviously frustrated and you could tell by his body language in the second half.

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Lately teams have been double teaming him and he can't find an open man to pass it to. Also teams have been pushing him away from the blocks giving him a longer distance to take a shot from. We've got to get him the ball on the blocks and give him someone to kick it out to for an open shot. It would help if we had another player that was a big offensive threat to take some of the attention away from Craig.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
He may have to impress someone at camps, but he will be in the NBA next year.

And again, no matter what happens, I have huge respect for him for coming back. And if he had left for that matter. We should all be supporting him to succeed.

Reactions: cyclonenum1

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Guys, Craig is being consistently double teamed and played physically. Watch the games, the guys totally put a body on him for at least 75% of the game. I mean literally a body on him..the guys get physical with him.

He'll be in the NBA..sure he's probably no lottery pick anymore but he definitely has the talent. Plus, the NBA barely plays any tough defense until the playoffs so it's perfect AND he'll have players around him who are the best of the best in the world so it's not like in college where you have 1 or 2 great guys on a team and everyone else is mediocre. Everyone is in the NBA for a reason and most teams aren't going to be double teaming a guy the ENTIRE game because everyone else on the team knows how to score too and they have to worry about them.