breakfast/brunch buffet Ames

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I am wanting to eat at a breakfast or brunch buffet in Ames Sunday morning. I have had Valentino's brunch buffet before and am looking to find another one in the area to try out. I know the Iowa Stater has a breakfast buffet, but I've seen mixed reviews on it. Are there any others in Ames that I haven't heard of?

Last edited:

ThurgoodMarshal

Jul 18, 2011
Ankeny, IA
I'm actually looking to take my girlfriend's parents out for brunch one of these weekends too and would appreciate any suggestions around the Des Moines metro area.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
And its not worth a duck fart anymore.

I haven't been there for a year and a half or so, but the last time I went I thought it was pretty decent. Can't think of a better place for Sunday brunch in Ames; your options are kind of limited.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
The old Cyclone kicker, Ty Stewart hopes all you folks make Valentinos your favorite place for brunch. Ty just happens to own and operate the joint.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I heard Americana has a killer brunch. I've never been, though.

I heard the same. Granite City has one. I would rate it just okay. Machine Shed is great, but they their sausage and biscuits is really sausage and dinner rolls. Just not the same.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I haven't been there for a year and a half or so, but the last time I went I thought it was pretty decent. Can't think of a better place for Sunday brunch in Ames; your options are kind of limited.

It used to be a great brunch but the food and selection had really gone downhill. Haven't been back in at least a year.
When it first opened the Sunday brunch was phenomenal.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Anyone tried the Iowa Stater's breakfast buffet?

Almost every Sunday morning after Iowa State football games. It's fine. Not the best thing I've ever had, but good for the price. They have made to order omelets, regular breakfast stuff, and lots of pastries. I'd recommend it. The food is hot and fresh which is nice.

The Gateway does an excellent Easter brunch that we've had several years too.