Bringing young son to first Cyclone football game

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I am trying to get hillside tickets, because he is 21 months old, and I know won't be able to sit in the stands for 4 hours. Haven't been to a game in 9 years so not since there were 4 hillsides. Can't seem to find any info out on the university website nor through 3rd party ticket sites. Any info anyone has on this would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I am trying to get hillside tickets, because he is 21 months old, and I know won't be able to sit in the stands for 4 hours. Haven't been to a game in 9 years so not since there were 4 hillsides. Can't seem to find any info out on the university website nor through 3rd party ticket sites. Any info anyone has on this would be greatly appreciated!
I believe Hills are only sold as Jr. Cyclone passes, and accompanying Parent season passes.

You can find them as resales sometimes, but not as single game tickets other than resale tickets from peoples season parent passes and Jr. Cy passes.

If someone knows another way to buy them as singles they may be able to add that info.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
2 and above need a ticket so if you are going early in the season just buy yourself a single wherever you want. Try to sit there for as long as you(and those around you) can enjoy it and then roam around to the hillsides after that.
Yup, just buy yourself the cheapest ticket you can and post up on the hillsides, nobody is checking tickets for the hillsides or anything. They also don't ID the baby to check if he's under 2...

• Agree
Reactions: Didley

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Yup, just buy yourself the cheapest ticket you can and post up on the hillsides, nobody is checking tickets for the hillsides or anything. They also don't ID the baby to check if he's under 2...

When the ROTC guys used to work the gates I swear you could carry a 5 year old into the stadium and claim they were 2.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Bring a bag of toys, activities, and snacks. And earmuffs, maybe.

Set your goal to make it to half time. Maybe you'll be surprised by seeing some of the 3rd Quarter.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
You are brave! I'm taking my 3 year old son to his first sporting event this winter and it's going to be the ladies basketball. Going to try to get in a half. Good luck!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I believe Hills are only sold as Jr. Cyclone passes, and accompanying Parent season passes.

You can find them as resales sometimes, but not as single game tickets other than resale tickets from peoples season parent passes and Jr. Cy passes.

If someone knows another way to buy them as singles they may be able to add that info.

Do the Jr. Cyclone Club you won't regret it...

Jr. Cyclone pass might be beneficial down the road, however he is so young and we live in Dubuque, so making it a season-long commitment isn't really a great option for us right now. Appreciate the info though!

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
2 and above need a ticket so if you are going early in the season just buy yourself a single wherever you want. Try to sit there for as long as you(and those around you) can enjoy it and then roam around to the hillsides after that.
That sounds good to me. We're targeting the Ohio game, so he'd still be under 2. Appreciate the advice!

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Jr. Cyclone pass might be beneficial down the road, however he is so young and we live in Dubuque, so making it a season-long commitment isn't really a great option for us right now. Appreciate the info though!
Yeah I didnt catch the Under 2 age. Others had some good points. Especially for a trial run.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
That sounds good to me. We're targeting the Ohio game, so he'd still be under 2. Appreciate the advice!
Keep an eye on the Ticket Exchange forums here on CF for a cheap ticket. I have 4 junior passes and 2 parent passes for hillside this year in addition to our normal seats. I never know which of my 4 kids or grandparents will go, and usually post the extras cheap here in the forums. Im sure others do too.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is the way.

Also, don’t go in early for early season hot games. Those hillsides get hot af.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This is the way.

Also, don’t go in early for early season hot games. Those hillsides get hot af.
Hillsides are no longer by the students. It’s the opposing fans I believe. So you can’t scope out the cute coeds or have a drunk college student barf on you over the wall.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hillsides are no longer by the students. It’s the opposing fans I believe. So you can’t scope out the cute coeds or have a drunk college student barf on you over the wall.
There was a game around ‘03 that those around me in the student section would of wished I made it to the wall.

• Wow
Reactions: BCClone