Brink of Disaster......?

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
They couldn’t possibly find a similar situation at the U. Which would be in their area and pertinent to their readers. Nope.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
One school went into this with eyes wide open, testing all that came into the dorms...the other school...not so much.

I think that's the difference between ISU and Iowa.

ISU: understands there could be an issue and would rather be transparent up front, admit issues, and explain plan to fix/mitigate issue.

Iowa: Sweep under the rug and act like they are above ever having issues.

Showtimeljs

Jul 2, 2015
Huxley
High quality journalism right there.

My first reaction exactly. Obviously I'm not a talented writer, but this whiny letter home was really poorly done. Also, the suggestion of sending everyone home at this point is a terrible idea, we should deal with the issues we have in Ames, in Ames. Not spread them to mom, dad, and grandma back at home.

Last edited:

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Look man, I'm not one of these crazies who thinks it's a hoax or anything. But college age kids are at pretty damn low risk for complications. A lot of people are gonna feel pretty ****** for a few days, then they'll get over it and be immune. I fail to see the "disaster."

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Look man, I'm not one of these crazies who thinks it's a hoax or anything. But college age kids are at pretty damn low risk for complications. A lot of people are gonna feel pretty ****** for a few days, then they'll get over it and be immune. I fail to see the "disaster."

Tou just need to take it out a couple more steps, you’re getting there.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

Community spread?

• Winner
Reactions: diaclone

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

If people are immune, how come we have some people getting Covid19 a second time? We have only had Covid19 around for a few months and people are getting a second time. That does not sound like immunity.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If people are immune, how come we have some people getting Covid19 a second time? We have only had Covid19 around for a few months and people are getting a second time. That does not sound like immunity.

Kinda like people getting the chickenpox more than once. There have been reports of less than a handful of having it twice. Let's focus on the main picture of the first time and let the medical world work on the very rare instances.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

There's been like 3 confirmed of that actually happening and last I checked they didn't experience any symptoms.

There was some story just this last week talking about a 2nd case in the U.S. but it was from back in May? Weird they ran it now...jealousy?

From what I can tell the 'immunity' for these viruses is basically the T-cells keeping it from doing much a 2nd time. Even with a flu shot, you might get infected, but just not badly. The big question imo is how contagious someone may be if they get it again.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

I imagine a good amount of these tests are because *gasps* people are showing symptoms.... People aren't just getting tested for fun, they are either not feeling well or had direct contact. Community spread is the biggest issue with the colleges and now that the cancellation period is over it will just be a matter of time before Iowa and Iowa State both go online.