Brody Brecht- Ankeny HS

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
From what I hear, Iowa has told him he would be able to play both sports. On a positive note, his dad is a ISU alum with an engineering degree and Brody is interested in engineering too.

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Playing two sports in college is actually easier than you would think, assuming one of the sports is Football. Any time taken away from standard football responsibilities makes things easier over all. Example would be that playing baseball or running sprints in track is much easier than winter work outs and Spring Ball. Doing just football is an all year grind. Playing a secondary sport gives you the “ok” to possibly relax a bit, mentally as well.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Playing two sports in college is actually easier than you would think, assuming one of the sports is Football. Any time taken away from standard football responsibilities makes things easier over all. Example would be that playing baseball or running sprints in track is much easier than winter work outs and Spring Ball. Doing just football is an all year grind. Playing a secondary sport gives you the “ok” to possibly relax a bit, mentally as well.
Football is grueling but you're kidding yourself if you think the other sports invest less than they do year round.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
Football is grueling but you're kidding yourself if you think the other sorts invest less than they do year round.
I might not be following, but yes I feel that other sports (baseball, track, etc) are a much easier year round investment. The “off” seasons for other sports are much longer. You obviously have year round strength, training, drills, practice with every sport but football’s off season is still on site with football staff. Winter and summer football workouts during the off season are much harder than anything I have ever heard or experienced other sports off seasons to be. Like mentioned, I would take in season Track or Baseball practice and competition over off season Football workouts or Spring Ball.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I'm sure he's a squawk anyway. Don't waste any time on him.

He's an apparent Hawk fan. No idea how true or how "much" of a fan he is, but if he likes the idea of actually being targeted on Saturday's, the choice is pretty clear between the two in-state schools.

90% of the times a kids in Ankeny are not Iowa fans. If I heard right his dad is an Iowa State Grad. Hard to believe he is a Hawk fan.

Reactions: khardbored

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
90% of the times a kids in Ankeny are not Iowa fans. If I heard right his dad is an Iowa State Grad. Hard to believe he is a Hawk fan.

I really don't know for sure. I actually saw that on the Hawk 247 site. One of the admins said it.

LittleCy

May 7, 2016
Believe he’s headed down to Florida State for a baseball visit after his baseball season wraps up. Dudes a stud on the mound.

• Agree
Reactions: UNI1ISU2

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019

Damn. 91 mph and he is 16 yrs old. Tune up the mechanics and grow some more to extend the wing span (more whip on the throw=more MPH) and also some pitching weight/ band training and this kid will be 94-96mph in 2 years. Drafted out of HS at that point.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FatNTired

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Damn. 91 mph and he is 16 yrs old. Tune up the mechanics and grow some more to extend the wing span (more whip on the throw=more MPH) and also some pitching weight/ band training and this kid will be 94-96mph in 2 years. Drafted out of HS at that point.

Yeah, after seeing this, I wonder if he's destined to go the baseball route.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Dude is going to be drafted in the top 5 rounds in 2021, he's not going to college

LittleCy

May 7, 2016
Can get a glimpse tomorrow at 1:30 if you want as he’ll probably pitch against Johnston at state.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I would trust Happy Joe on this one since he was on both the football team and another sports team at ISU.
Ya maybe so but I had multiple friends who were athletes at ISU. Mostly track and cross country. They didn't have much free time. One guy ran a sub 46 second 400m and was always training.