NFL: Bronco's QB Jay Cutler diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
Why does this matter? I'm sure that Cutler isnt the only diabetic athlete in the NFL.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Why does this matter? I'm sure that Cutler isnt the only diabetic athlete in the NFL.

Hey Cyadict; I live here in Denver and you can't escape the Broncos. We could catch Bin Laden on the same day the Broncos make a trade, and take a guess what would be on the front page of the Denver Post? This Cutler story will be the lead news for a couple of days......and I'm serious about this.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Hey Cyadict; I live here in Denver and you can't escape the Broncos. We could catch Bin Laden on the same day the Broncos make a trade, and take a guess what would be on the front page of the Denver Post? This Cutler story will be the lead news for a couple of days......and I'm serious about this.

And I bet there are more than a few Bronco fans freaking out about it too.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

I don't think it matters. If he manages it well, then he will still play as well as if he didn't have it.

Heck, I'm Type 1 diabetic so I know how you can still do what you want when you manage the disease and not let it manage you.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Diabetes control can be difficult to regulate during a game. They will have to check up on him from the sideline. Three years ago there was a Gonzaga bball player (Adam Morrison) that had a similar problem.

cyadict

Aug 4, 2006
Ankeny
I understand that it can be managed and will need to be monitored during games. I remember Adam Morrison getting his insulin shots on the sideline. I guess I just dont understand why there needs to be a press conference about this. He's diabetic....so are lots of others.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
I understand that it can be managed and will need to be monitored during games. I remember Adam Morrison getting his insulin shots on the sideline. I guess I just dont understand why there needs to be a press conference about this. He's diabetic....so are lots of others.

I would agree with this statement. I mean, if this was "BroncoFanatic" or something, then maybe it would be a bigger issue. It's not like Jay Cutler fell over a golden retriever in his driveway and broke his wrist.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

I see what you are saying now.....and totally agree with you...:yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron