Browns Replacement Coach Official Thread. Could CMC be the man?

Will CMC go to Cleveland?

• Total voters

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
So a few contradictory things...

People who say the Browns are a career killer (but Iowa State was not) need to look in the mirror.

People also said Hoiberg could have great young talent with the Bulls, too. That didn't work out so well.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I'm glad you think Campbell is an elite coach

When you’re stuck praying for **** schedules to have any sort of success, because your team is stale, and living on arrogance of self perceived importance, you have to try hope other schools stay ******. That becomes more important when these places hire the right guy, and know that they have more buzz in 3 years than you’ve had in 10, other than being called a fake ID.

Right cyliam?

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Cyliam

Sep 4, 2017
I'm glad you think Campbell is an elite coach

It's probably too early to call him anan elite coach. He is without question an elite candidate for a big time college or NFL job. He's young, has a good skill set, and has a good looking resume.

My larger point is that even if he goes to Cleveland and falls on his face it's not a career killer. Take a look at the last several coaches who tested the NFL waters and failed and see where they are now. Compare that to guys who failed to successfully transition from a smaller school to an elite college job and it's evident that going to Cleveland is a much smaller career risk than going to OSU or ND.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's probably too early to call him anan elite coach. He is without question an elite candidate for a big time college or NFL job. He's young, has a good skill set, and has a good looking resume.

My larger point is that even if he goes to Cleveland and falls on his face it's not a career killer. Take a look at the last several coaches who tested the NFL waters and failed and see where they are now. Compare that to guys who failed to successfully transition from a smaller school to an elite college job and it's evident that going to Cleveland is a much smaller career risk than going to OSU or ND.

Do you think Campbell is the best coach in the state?

Reactions: cyclonedave25

80sClone

Dec 29, 2014
I haven't seen any mention in this thread about the magnitude of time he will have taken away from his children and his wife if he accepts a professional head coaching job

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I work with a couple guys from Cleveland, they both are completely dead set that the Browns will never be good. Too many problems in management and the city itself.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUAgronomist

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
It depends on what you are asking. If you are picking one guy to be the head of your program right now going forward there's no question he's the best guy. If you are looking at an overall resume there is no question he's not as accomplished as Ferentz.

Kirt sure knows how to beat ****** big 10 teams. Quite the accomplishment.

Cyliam

Sep 4, 2017
I'm not sure what any of this has to do with Campbell and the Browns. Why don't you guys take it back to the rivalry forum where it belongs.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural