Bruce Weber's hair

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
The below comment is from an article from the Wichita Eagle. It is funny how KU was alleged to have 5 level 1 NCAA rules violations and yet nothing has happened to them. I'm not an insider so I can't say for certain one way or the other but it makes you think.

“We did it the right way,” Weber said. “We did it with our guys graduating. ... I’m on the NCAA ethics committee. And on the meetings, I was told that they were going to take care of the people in the FBI stuff. So I told somebody, ‘I’m going to grow my hair until something happens.
Obviously, it’s still growing. That’s the sad part of our business. Lon Kruger told me the other day, think about all the guys in the FBI thing. They are all in the NCAA Tournament except one. So I’m just proud of what I’ve done.”

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Im actually glad Webber is talking about stuff now that he stepped down. We all know who he is talking about. We all know that the NCAA is waiting for the heat to die down so they can suspend Self for 3 games and look the other way on the other stuff. Auburn is set to be a top 1 or 2 seed and they have done nothing but cheat and the NCAA wants nothing to do with Punishing Bruce Pearl since he should not have been allowed to coach in the first place.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Im actually glad Webber is talking about stuff now that he stepped down. We all know who he is talking about. We all know that the NCAA is waiting for the heat to die down so they can suspend Self for 3 games and look the other way on the other stuff. Auburn is set to be a top 1 or 2 seed and they have done nothing but cheat and the NCAA wants nothing to do with Punishing Bruce Pearl since he should not have been allowed to coach in the first place.
The NCAA isn't involved anymore. It is with the IARP. Why shouldn't Bruce Pearl be allowed to coach?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
He's been involved with recruiting scandals for 30 years or so now?
What was his horrible transgression? Having a kid that was committed come to a barbecue at his house? Oh the horror! I mean it was stupid to lie about it but I don't see the violation as a big deal.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
What was his horrible transgression? Having a kid that was committed come to a barbecue at his house? Oh the horror! I mean it was stupid to lie about it but I don't see the violation as a big deal.

"The NCAA alleges that Kansas committed several Level-I violations. Included in the allegations are a claim of a lack of institutional control and head coaching responsibility to head men’s basketball coach Bill Self. The allegations focus on KU basketball’s relationship with former Adidas outside consultant TJ Gassnola and former Adidas director of global sports marketing Jim Gatto, as well as other representatives. There are three Level I violations from instances involving them."

My educated guess is that that's just the tip of the iceberg. In other words, $$$.

https://www.wibw.com/2021/10/11/ind...ine-investigation-into-alleged-ku-violations/

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
"The NCAA alleges that Kansas committed several Level-I violations. Included in the allegations are a claim of a lack of institutional control and head coaching responsibility to head men’s basketball coach Bill Self. The allegations focus on KU basketball’s relationship with former Adidas outside consultant TJ Gassnola and former Adidas director of global sports marketing Jim Gatto, as well as other representatives. There are three Level I violations from instances involving them."

My educated guess is that that's just the tip of the iceberg. In other words, $$$.

https://www.wibw.com/2021/10/11/ind...ine-investigation-into-alleged-ku-violations/
This isn't Bruce Pearl.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
It's funny how Kelvin Sampson's impermissible phone calls that basically got him banned from the NCAA for 5 years looks like nothing compared to some of the crap coaches these days have gotten away with. The NIL is only going to make it easier for the dirty recruiting practices to help the guys who were already doing shady stuff before the NIL. Can only imagine if it were not names and programs like Self and KU or Calapari and Kentucky that nearly any other coach in the country did a fraction of what guys like that have done they would have got the kind of treatment that Sampson got.

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
One thing I never understood?.. was the growing out the hair and looking like a hoodlum some kind of protest? He is an above average coach.. I’ll admit that.. but that whiny ass voice and always making making excuses made him difficult to tolerate..

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

Take a look at what he did during the Deon Thomas recruitment when he was an assistant at Iowa. The guy is a dirtbag.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The below comment is from an article from the Wichita Eagle. It is funny how KU was alleged to have 5 level 1 NCAA rules violations and yet nothing has happened to them. I'm not an insider so I can't say for certain one way or the other but it makes you think.

“We did it the right way,” Weber said. “We did it with our guys graduating. ... I’m on the NCAA ethics committee. And on the meetings, I was told that they were going to take care of the people in the FBI stuff. So I told somebody, ‘I’m going to grow my hair until something happens.
Obviously, it’s still growing. That’s the sad part of our business. Lon Kruger told me the other day, think about all the guys in the FBI thing. They are all in the NCAA Tournament except one. So I’m just proud of what I’ve done.”
Big shocker that the thing that the ncaa came up with to get these complicated cases moving quicker ended up taking even longer than the original process. What it makes me think is that the ncaa sucks and everything they do is the wrong thing to do.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The case is not in the hands of the ncaa any more.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Well here is the list

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
Never liked Weber due to his annoying on court and postgame impressions from my outsider perspective, but man really turned around over the past 24 hrs.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Love the hair after hearing that.
I always thought Bruce Weber's high pitched yelling from the sideline which I could hear on ESPN was a tad annoying. But I've always respected the guy. And like was written in the Williams piece, we all know he's one of the good guys in the sport. And good guys in this sport are an endangered species.

I love taking the shot at KU on the way out. It is so, so, gross seeing the NCAA absolutely throw the book at a school like Oklahoma State, and then looks at Kansas who's done far worse - with an absolute parking ticket like punishment. It sucks. He's saying what we all feel in that video.