Bubu Suing ISU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This is a really good case study as to why people should think long and hard about casual sex. I'm not talking about the morality of it, but just a situation like this. I'm married now, but if I were single, stories like this would really scare me about having sex outside of a committed relationship with someone I trusted.

So you're going to let the 1/100 psycho hose beasts win?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
This is a really good case study as to why people should think long and hard about casual sex. I'm not talking about the morality of it, but just a situation like this. I'm married now, but if I were single, stories like this would really scare me about having sex outside of a committed relationship with someone I trusted.

If I was single it would scare the hell out of me, but no way it'd cause me to turn anyone down. Especially in college.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I'm doing that right now.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
If I was single it would scare the hell out of me, but no way it'd cause me to turn anyone down. Especially in college.

you don't think random all-americans or a standout wide receiver think twice before engaging in this frequently? I know what i did in college but i didn't have a reputation to lose.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Wow overreact much.

That's why you always video tape it, so then you have proof of consent ;)

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
you don't think random all-americans or a standout wide receiver think twice before engaging in this frequently? I know what i did in college but i didn't have a reputation to lose.

johnny-manziel.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
There are a lot of things 17-23 year old boys and girls with hormones messing them up should think twice about but they generally don't.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I have a contract sitting on the edge of my bed that a girl must sign in three different spots giving me consent before anything freaky happens.

So far, no girls have seen that contract.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have a contract sitting on the edge of my bed that a girl must sign in three different spots giving me consent before anything freaky happens.

So far, no girls have seen that contract.

I was going to say one girl has seen it but technically your mom is a woman not a girl. You should probably put that thing away when she brings your clean laundry in the room.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Looks like a million dollar goof by ISU. Then it will be in the cbssports media again.

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
I'd be curious as to what the members here think Bubu should be awarded monetarily, assuming of course you felt the University was at fault here.

Sexual assault cases are the absolute worst thing for a university and an athletic department to handle. There's often only two witnesses, one or more of which are often under the influence of alcohol or drugs. There's plenty of under reported sexual assaults and there are times when they are fraudulently reported. Add in the fact that the world expects the university to act immediately to either suspend the athlete (which could incorrectly penalize them with no recourse) or let the athlete play pending criminal resolution of the claim (which indirectly marginalizes the claim of the victim and opens the university up for criticism) and I have no idea how to effectively, fairly and consistently balance all of the interests here.

Even non-athletes are a huge issue. The victim rightly doesn't want to be around the accused and may request a different dorm assignment or other accomodations to feel safe. Who moves and why without a full blown trial?

Add in that the standards of proof are higher in a criminal court of law than in a student conduct code so you could have someone not guilty under one standard and guilty under another and it's just a nightmare to fairly balance the rights of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.