Bucknell

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Nephew and nieces game, we'll be there, 9 of us this yr. It'll be the 20th anniversary with out a miss for the one niece.

• Friendly
Reactions: StClone

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I made it there by the start of the second half (thanks to "mechanical issues" with my flight from San Antonio - very reassuring). Was kind of chuckling to myself that it seemed like everyone was told (including the in-house announcer) to "keep it down." The crowd was fine, considering, honestly. But it just seemed like a lot of golf claps and hushed announcements with barely a murmur from those in the stands when a basket wasn't scored or rebound grabbed. Just an observation on my part.

Otherwise, this was a good way to wrap up the non-con schedule. Looking ahead at the rest of the league, I see that half the Big 12 teams aren't even in the RPI top 100. Three teams (TCU, Tech, WVU) still have an SOS below 300. :confused: Texas has only played three teams in the top 100 (and lost to two of them). ISU and Baylor are both in the RPI top 10, while Kansas (!) is next at 34, then K-State at 56. Texas is 78th. The league's conference RPI is just 5th, while the SOS is a pathetic 13th.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I watched the replay of this game, and think Nezerwa could add much to this team if they would get her to focus on the things she does well, and get her to avoid doing those that she doesn't do well. Both her and Burkhall need to really work on defense, because for this team to be successful, they need some strong defensive stoppers inside. They are both capable physically of doing that along with Kirsten Scott, however Kirsten to me looks shorter than the other two, and doesn't seem to have as much wingspan. I liked how the coach rotated the players, but am hoping he gets them to work more on disciplined roles.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone