Bundrage is playing well

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
My memory of him from 2013 was a guy that dropped about 20% of the passes he got his hands on. I haven't been able to watch all the games this year but he sure seems like he is doing a better job hanging onto the ball. Beyond that he is making some really good catches too, even ones the QB throws out of bounds.

I appreciate players that show signs of improving their fundamentals over the years. He is playing like a SR WR should be, and I wasn't sure if you would be that after 2013 and a year on the sideline. A tip of the bucket hat to you Quenton.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Re: Bundrage

Played very well Saturday, hopefully its a sign of things to come, especially if there's a QB who can hit him in stride under center.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
A lot of players have been playing well.

This is the best our receivers have looked trying to acrobatically catch balls since Todd Blythe days. Certain people have not done as well. For one, our passing attack looks anemic. The 12 yard cushion is no longer our friend.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Gives you an idea of how underwhelming our offensive system is doesn't it? Playmakers like Bundrage, Lazard, Montgomery, Warren, etc. and we produce the results we do.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Gives you an idea of how underwhelming our offensive system is doesn't it? Playmakers like Bundrage, Lazard, Montgomery, Warren, etc. and we produce the results we do.

In 2002 Lance Young had 704 yards and 6 TDs. Those are better stats than any of our current WRs are on pace for. He was the 3rd or 4th option on an offense that rushed for over 2000 yards that season. The amount of underachieving taking place on offense is crazy.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
True story. At fan fest, my youngest son (7 y.o.) asks QB if he is going to catch the football this year (in reference to some of his prior drops earlier in his career, some of which were uncontested). QB misunderstood what my son said/asked and asked him (my son) if he knew how to catch a football. My son, without missing a beat says, "I know how to catch a ball, I want to know if you know how to catch a ball". QB got a kick out of my son and took it in good humor, even though dad had to clean up the mess a little with an apology.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
In 2002 Lance Young had 704 yards and 6 TDs. Those are better stats than any of our current WRs are on pace for.

Lazard is currently at a higher YPG than that, and Montgomery is close.

Good old 14-game season skewing the total numbers.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
If only we had a qb...

It seems like ISU has always had a missing piece. You think of the great running back but no O-line, great WR's no QB, great QB no o-line, great d but terrible O, etc.... If they could ever piece it all together one year, I might lose it.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006

Bundrage, Lazard, and Montgomery should each be getting roughly 8 targets a game, with the majority being all downfield. Wesley, Ryen, Warren, and other WR/TE's should get another 15-20 targets, primarily on short/intermediate passes, trying to attack mismatches against any LB's.

Watch any other spread offense out there and they have no problem distributing passes all over the field to different players. Our offense is truly offensive to watch, has been for much of the Rhoads era.