Cadillac vs Lincoln

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Browsing cars online is a bit of a hobby of mine. Sometime down the road I'd like to buy either a Lincoln on Cadillac sedan. In your opinion, which is the better option? I found the article below interesting; my initial thoughts are Lincoln as they seem to be more reliable, but Cadillacs seem more luxurious on the interior.

This is just a general question about each brand. I don't have a specific model or year I'm eyeing for each. 2014 or later are the general years I'm checking out.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Browsing cars online is a bit of a hobby of mine. Sometime down the road I'd like to buy either a Lincoln on Cadillac sedan. In your opinion, which is the better option? I found the article below interesting; my initial thoughts are Lincoln as they seem to be more reliable, but Cadillacs seem more luxurious on the interior.

This is just a general question about each brand. I don't have a specific model or year I'm eyeing for each.
Mercedes

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Eh, if I was going to buy German luxury I think I'd go with BMW. Everything I've read about German luxury vehicles is they're expensive to maintain though.

Here's my thought on that - if you have the cash to afford German luxury, are you really worried about maintenance costs?

And if I had that kind of money, I'd probably be going Audi - which is notorious for its maintenance costs.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The Cadillac CTS-V Blackwing is supposed to be a heck of a machine, but I'd agree that if you're up in that price point, there are other options that are worth checking out.

Last edited:

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Here's my thought on that - if you have the cash to afford German luxury, are you really worried about maintenance costs?

And if I had that kind of money, I'd probably be going Audi - which is notorious for its maintenance costs.
I own both an Audi and BMW. From where I live it's 2 1/2 hours each way for these to be serviced. So, in that respect, I truly regret owning these.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
FWIW, we bought a 2011 Lincoln MKS from a private party about 5 yrs. ago (low mileage) off Craig's list. It's been a great car. We would definitely favor a Lincoln on next purchase.

Reactions: ruflosn

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021

This is just a general question about each brand. I don't have a specific model or year I'm eyeing for each. 2014 or later are the general years I'm checking out.
Honest question - does Buick (road master) fit in the Lincoln/Cadillac space?

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021

I have an affinity to own an S7 some day.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022

I have driven Cadillacs for years. If you are going to buy a used car, the CT-6 is one of the best cars on the road.

Reactions: mywayorcyway

Cyburbbalz

Dec 14, 2019
I've worked part time for a chauffeur service the last 8 years. We use mainly Lincoln but I have driven Escalades too. In my opinion the Lincoln is considering better. The old town cars were definitely the best ride but the newer continental is a smooth flashy and powerful ride. We have a brand new navigator and it is amazing!

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Another luxury brand/model with terrible reliability with high maintenance cost is the Land Rover.
I saw an article recently that showed Land Rovers are the fastest depreciating vehicle on the road. Admittedly, if you’re dropping that kind of money on a car, depreciation is probably not a concern.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Another luxury brand/model with terrible reliability with high maintenance cost is the Land Rover.
amphibious-exploring.gif

• Winner
Reactions: JBone84 and BCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron