Cael Sanderson Offered PSU Job

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
According to multiple parties, Iowa State legend Cael Sanderson has been offered the head coaching job at Penn State and is seriously considering.

Sources have indicated that Cael has shown extreme interest in the job, enough so that other serious candidates have started to withdrawal their names from contention.

It's uncertain when a formal announcement either way will come, though it's becoming more and more likely that Cael will be leaving his alma matter, and it doesn't appear to be just about the money.

Sources have suggested there have been some building tensions between the current administration and Cael and it doesn't appear any resolution has been found. Cael is already the highest paid wrestling coach in the country.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wow. I know the last 3 years have been great, but makes me wonder why we ran off Bobby so quickly for a guy that is "Iowa State all the way"

Reactions: cyfanatic

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If this is true, then this hurts a lot more than Chizik. We actually win in wrestling. Dammit, why can't people get along!!!!!!!!!

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
We need to take a serious look at the "administration". Seems like we have been struggling in every major (FB, BB, Wrestling) sport except womens BB. :no:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Sources have suggested there have been some building tensions between the current administration and Cael and it doesn't appear any resolution has been found. Cael is already the highest paid wrestling coach in the country.

What is the tensions everyone speaks of.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If he takes this job he is a punk. Iowa State has done nothing to him and every fan has treated him like a god. I know he sounds humble but in my opinion if he does this it's for the money. Nothing else. Penn State is not a better wrestling program than Iowa State. It's just not. I don't care how many high school kids in Pennsylvania that wrestle. It's just not as good as ISU. Now if it was Penn State football and coach PR left after 3 year i would get it. Penn State football is legendary. This is a clear money grab. I wont beleive anyone that says it's not.

Ladies and Gentleman. We are Iowa State.

Help Support Us

Become a patron