Calling it.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Iowa State wins a Big12 Title and BCS Bowl game in the next five years if CPR, Wally, Yancy, and Klenakis are still here.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM
Iowa State wins a Big12 Title and BCS Bowl game in the next five years if CPR, Wally, Yancy, and Klenakis are still here.
tumblr_inline_mg9zhcBQWi1ryfzdx.gif

z-rollindude.gif

Last edited:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I'm calling...horse ****...in 5 years if it doesn't happen, no one will ever remember this post. If it does happen, you can pull it up and say you called it. So no negative repercussions if you're wrong, but positive ones if your right.

In that case, I call:

ISU will win the NCAA men's and women's basketball tournament in the next 5 years

ISU will bring back baseball and go to the college world series in the next 10 years

Gene Chizik will secret leak a 'sex tape' in the next 5 years to try and regain some relevance.

Kirk Ferentz will board a starship to mars just for the heck of it within the decade.

Snowcraig will forget his kids at school at least once per year until they're old enough to drive they own ***.

I will drink a beer that I don't enjoy

Kim Kardashian will be on a weight watchers commercial in 3 years or less, and Kanye will dump her when she loses the 'donk. (wait, that one's plausible...)

Hayden Fry will be reanimated from the dead to bring the Iowa football program back to relevance (most likely when Kirk goes all 'major tom')

NCAA football will be disbanded and re-introduced as an arena league style feeder program to the NFL and the cyclones will be forced to change their name to the barnstormers and be tied to the browns...thus solidifying our position at the bottom of the pile...I'll give that a decade.

Steve Deace will write an article in the next 7 years that is universally lauded and praised by cyclone fans.

I could go on, but I hate to take all the good ones.

Rusty...I admire your positivity...but I gotta bust your balls for all upside, no downside.

BallSoHard4Cy

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
In 2016 Fred Hoiberg will be elected part-time President of the United States. And he will name Chris Williams as his Chief of Staff.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Adam Woodbury will be the #1 overall pick and dominate the NBA from day 1. ****, I can't do this........

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I'm calling...horse ****...in 5 years if it doesn't happen, no one will ever remember this post. If it does happen, you can pull it up and say you called it. So no negative repercussions if you're wrong, but positive ones if your right.

In that case, I call:

ISU will win the NCAA men's and women's basketball tournament in the next 5 years

ISU will bring back baseball and go to the college world series in the next 10 years

Gene Chizik will secret leak a 'sex tape' in the next 5 years to try and regain some relevance.

Kirk Ferentz will board a starship to mars just for the heck of it within the decade.

Snowcraig will forget his kids at school at least once per year until they're old enough to drive they own ***.

I will drink a beer that I don't enjoy

Kim Kardashian will be on a weight watchers commercial in 3 years or less, and Kanye will dump her when she loses the 'donk. (wait, that one's plausible...)

Hayden Fry will be reanimated from the dead to bring the Iowa football program back to relevance (most likely when Kirk goes all 'major tom')

NCAA football will be disbanded and re-introduced as an arena league style feeder program to the NFL and the cyclones will be forced to change their name to the barnstormers and be tied to the browns...thus solidifying our position at the bottom of the pile...I'll give that a decade.

Steve Deace will write an article in the next 7 years that is universally lauded and praised by cyclone fans.

I could go on, but I hate to take all the good ones.

Rusty...I admire your positivity...but I gotta bust your balls for all upside, no downside.

Quick...everyone set up an outlook calendar notification for x-mas 2017 so we can evaluate this thread!

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I'd say the the Kim K prediction is a sure thing or at least most of it.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We've been hanging on to the bottom rung of Big 12 bowls and our bowl selection this past season was a gift.

ISU will have to get to the Alamo Bowl or higher in the picking order before BCS games even enter the conversation.

But I really hope you're right and I am not!

CykoAGR

Dec 16, 2008
Waukee, IA
The BCS probably wont even be around in five years.

I dont totally disagree that we could potentially win the conference, not very likely but it could happen. If a year like 2013 when the conference is wide open comes up and ISU happens to have a team that can contend it could happen.

I mean there are 3-4 teams that could legitimately win the conference this year (we are not one of them) so if the stars align again in the next 5 years I could see it happening.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
All kidding aside - i cannot wait to see the impact that Coach K has on the offensive side of the ball. No knock against Coach Bleil but, i simply think with Coach K's background, he's more qualified to coach the O-line and assist with the offensive schemes, playcalling and overall mentoring of our younger offensive players....

Big 12 champion, maybe if we had a solidified QB - until that day happens that we have a qb that can hit that 3rd and 6 on good coverage down after down...or hold the same on defense, i will hold my optimism of a Big 12 championship for another day!!!!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
No way does our staff stay the same for the next 5 years. One of those guys will be gone. Hopefully just one.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
So the prediction is that we will win the Big 12 IF CPR, Wally, Yancy and Klenakis all stay. I would guess that it is more likely that we win the Big 12 than it is that all 4 of those coaches are here in 5 years.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The prediction is plausible, but the Big 12 won't be as we know it today. Realignment will steal UT, KU, and OU to the B1G, while OSU, WVU, and KSU go to the SEC. This will leave TCU, BU, TTU and ISU. We'll run the table on these guys!