Cam Lard signs with Turkish club

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Did we all miss this? I did and I couldn't find it on the CF boards anywhere.

Cam Lard has a 1-year deal in Turkey. I am going to try to find out more about this club to see if it's in Turkey's top flight because that is a good league (the USA's team needed a lot of luck to beat Turkey at the World Cup this week). There isn't a lot of English coverage of the league though so I will see what I can learn about them.

Reactions: Doc

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
So, it looks like this is a new club but has played one year on the Turkish "super league" (after promotions from the 3rd and 2nd tiers) which is a VERY good league. Frankly, I'm surprised but I hope he kicks butt (and manages to not set a new league record for fouls committed). They went 6-22 in the league and finished 14th. It's an area of about 200,000 between Ankara and Izmir if you're keeping score at home.

From Wikipedia:

Afyon Belediye S.K., commonly known as Afyon Belediye or simply Afyon,[1] is a Turkish professional basketball club based in Afyonkarahisar, Turkey. The club currently plays in the Basketbol Süper Ligi (BSL). Their home arena is Afyon Atatürk Sports Hall with a capacity of 2,000 seats.

(I wonder if they have Afyon Ataturk Sports Hall Magic there?)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Killaa Camm! I like.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Roster check of Lard's teammates: They have ex Davidson gunner Peyton Aldridge, ex Houston Cougar Corey Davis and ex Bowling Green (don't know nickname) Jordon Crawford. All are new signings. And KillaaaCam in the post.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
How do you fry Turkey's BB league? In Lard, of course.

I found this short article on Eurobasket.com about his signing at Afyor. It includes 3 minutes of highlights at ISU (Makes me think - what could have been?, to be honest). I also wonder, after watching this, what percentage of his scoring at ISU came on lobs because that's most of the video, it feels like.

https://www.eurobasket.com/Turkey/news/594819/Cameron-Lard-is-a-newcomer-at-Afyon

• Funny
Reactions: Cycsk