Cam Lard

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Everything posted on here is by law public record.

And nobody has said anything derogatory about Cameron.

We were mostly reminiscing about the outstanding flashes of talent he displayed during his tenure in Ames and lamenting how this has become a cautionary tale. Everybody feels bad for him.
I don't feel bad for him. He's an adult that is capable of making smart decisions. I was getting into a lot of trouble at his age, but wised up and turned things around. I'm sure Lard will do the same.

Reactions: CycloneVet

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
When I was arrested during VEISHEA, my sister taped the newspaper clipping of the police blotter on the wall at her party the next night.

I don't see a lot of stone-throwing in here since many of us have ****** up pretty solidly when we were younger. The posts in here are mostly reminiscing about his time here and him not recognizing his talent level like the rest of us did. I've seen more positivity and encouragement in here than in most comments sections when a famous person messes up.

What Riot year was this arrest?

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I suspect Lard was failed by the the coaching staff and not the other way around. There's several players from the post Niang/Morris/Nader era that I feel the same way about.

I just feel like if he had today's staff coaching him up, he would be in the NBA.

Then again, Tyrese Hunter had our staff. . .

• Disagree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I suspect Lard was failed by the the coaching staff and not the other way around. There's several players from the post Niang/Morris/Nader era that I feel the same way about.

I just feel like if he had today's staff coaching him up, he would be in the NBA.

I don't know if many of those guys "failed by the Prohm staff" would have the mental toughness that TJ is demanding from his players. There's literally a guy who wants to be a Navy SEAL on the team. It probably works for at least some of them, but I can imagine others pull the ripcord very quickly.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Prohm held out a scholly for him out of high school. Prohm didn't kick him off after his run in with the law in 2018. Steve Prohm was nice to him to a fault. Big mistake IMO.

And before anyone says "no discipline"........Prohm his first year was the coach who made McCay go to class in 2016 making him have an attitude which led to him being benched. Which along with Naz being down with hip injuries really hurt that 15-16 team.

So if you think he thrives with today's staff which by all accounts is more strict........I submit not only does he not make the NBA, he never makes it to his second season.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
And before anyone says "no discipline"........Prohm his first year was the coach who made McCay go to class in 2016 making him have an attitude which led to him being benched. Which along with Naz being down with hip injuries really hurt that 15-16 team.
There are coaches who can teach discipline on and off the court and get players to buy in and then there are coaches whose only tool is the hammer.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023

No way. Guys like Niang, Morris, Thomas, Naz, Burton, Nader, THT, Haliburton, Shayock, etc... all played under Prohm and did fine. Lard has no one to blame but himself. He could have done anything he wanted to with his basketball career.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lard has no one to blame but himself. He could have done anything he wanted to with

TJ just seems better at identifying and landing the guys like the ones on your list who are going to buy in, accept hard coaching and high expectations, and eventually benefit for their work.

Prohm just wasn't as good of a recruiter as TJ (who really is one of the best in the business). He didn't connect with the high-end talent that had the sorts of personalities you might want. So, he had to take a few risks... sometimes that worked out, though much of the time that ended badly for everybody.

Lard was a 5* talent but an all-timer of a headcase.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron