Camp Notes

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Rhoads came out and said that's his starting OL. Bobby isn't guessing.

My theory is that Oni won the job over Glenn and Lalk with his play last year and this spring, and they've seen enough of Taiese now to understand he isn't going to be ready to start in 3 weeks.

Hopefully this allows that starting unit to really gel over the next few weeks.

Rhoads also added that guys like Campos and others will be in the rotation and that Brock's knee is a concern so Campos will be getting PT. Rhoads said that the starters will likely be the starters but those backing them up will still be playing so take it for what it is worth. Not really earth shattering news.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Here's my shot at the first 11 on the field when the Cyclones start their first drive against NDSU.

Rohach
Wimberly

Bundrage
Montgomery
West

Bibbs

Dagel
Burton
Farniok
Omoile
Gannon

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
In the interview with Jake Campos (yesterday), he stated that it is "easy" to block when you have Taiese playing next to you. My best guess is that by the Iowa game, the coaches will be figuring ways to get Taiese on the field for a substantial number of plays.

Reactions: Aclone

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
In the interview with Jake Campos (yesterday), he stated that it is "easy" to block when you have Taiese playing next to you. My best guess is that by the Iowa game, the coaches will be figuring ways to get Taiese on the field for a substantial number of plays.
Fullback?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Rhoads also added that guys like Campos and others will be in the rotation and that Brock's knee is a concern so Campos will be getting PT. Rhoads said that the starters will likely be the starters but those backing them up will still be playing so take it for what it is worth. Not really earth shattering news.

OK, from what I remember, Brock Dagel had a cut on his leg that got infected. That's what supposedly kept him out of the spring. Nowhere did I see anything about a knee issue. Am I missing something?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
OK, from what I remember, Brock Dagel had a cut on his leg that got infected. That's what supposedly kept him out of the spring. Nowhere did I see anything about a knee issue. Am I missing something?

Maybe Chris Williams can clear this up then.

http://cyclonefanatic.com/football/news/camp-insider-starting-offensive-line-is-set/

Campos arrived in Ames as a true freshman at 255-pounds. He is now up to 285. Campos is listed as a second-string left tackle behind junior Brock Dagel, who missed the spring due to a knee injury. Rhoads noted that Campos took a handful of snaps with the ones on Tuesday.

I would add that in Rhoads interview after Day 2 practice that Rhoads said Campos would play as Rhoads doubted that Brock Dagel would be able to play every snap because of his knee injury from the spring.

Last edited:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Maybe it's just me, but I look at our offensive skill positions and see a ton of talent. Now I'm hearing a bunch of good things about our offensive line. Add in Mangino calling plays and I think we might be in for a treat on offense.

Now if Wally can scrap together a defense, we just might have something this year. I'm cautiously optimistic... I can't wait to see what happens though!

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

How much eligibility does Taiese have left?

His Bio says "enrolled at Arizona Western before transferring to Laney ... named First-Team All-Region II in his only season at Laney …"

so he played only 1 season but is listed as a Junior?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I believe Jake was specifically talking about run blocking in that instance, where the size is more advantageous. I don't know anything about his pass blocking so I won't be able to comment but that is a slight difference.

Anyway has anyone been watching many of the fall camp videos online through Cyclones.tv. It seams that upped the commercials and now you have to watch a freaking ad every video, which for the short 2-3 minute drill videos gets excessive. I demand to know who is going to email Pollard about this?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How much eligibility does Taiese have left?

His Bio says "enrolled at Arizona Western before transferring to Laney ... named First-Team All-Region II in his only season at Laney …"

so he played only 1 season but is listed as a Junior?
I believe he played/used eligibility two seasons, with a redshirt in the middle--perhaps out of college.

DuckDynastyCy

Feb 8, 2013
Nashville, TN
It's Wally, every year at this time he'll be saying that because there will always be freshmen and sophomores fighting for starting spots. Every school in the country can say they are young right now, because about 20% of their scholarship players are new to fall camp and another 20% are coming off a redshirt season and fighting to find a way onto the field.

And because of the loss of two senior DL to Stupidity. We would not be quite so young with those two lined up in the Front 7.

boyd

Feb 19, 2012
Maybe it's just me, but I look at our offensive skill positions and see a ton of talent. Now I'm hearing a bunch of good things about our offensive line. Add in Mangino calling plays and I think we might be in for a treat on offense.

Now if Wally can scrap together a defense, we just might have something this year. I'm cautiously optimistic... I can't wait to see what happens though!

We are loaded.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I hear they're going to plug him in at safety.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
I believe Jake was specifically talking about run blocking in that instance, where the size is more advantageous. I don't know anything about his pass blocking so I won't be able to comment but that is a slight difference.

Anyway has anyone been watching many of the fall camp videos online through Cyclones.tv. It seams that upped the commercials and now you have to watch a freaking ad every video, which for the short 2-3 minute drill videos gets excessive. I demand to know who is going to email Pollard about this?

I'm at his house knocking on the door right now but he isn't answering. How dare he treat us fans like this! Doesn't he know that we pay his salary?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron