Campbells Ohio game exit video

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Sickness isn't an excuse for poor execution of an obvious and unimaginative offensive playbook.

There once was a time where we went into Lincoln decimated by sickness and playing with a back-up QB and walked out with a hard-fought win despite them having one a defensive player so dominant he received Heisman votes.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This video is an embarrassment for both parties.

I take Campbell’s side on this if anything. He obviously cares about the program and I would rather see some emotion to yesterday’s loss than him simply walking by.

There is absolutely NO reason our fans should be jeering our own players and coaches, especially in their own presence.

There are some newly toxic aspects to this fan base that has been rearing its ugly head for awhile now, and it’s frankly disgusting and is causing me to question my own fandom. We are in a very precarious position in today’s college athletic landscape with the introduction of NIL. I’m not surprised CMC is buckling under the pressure.

I will completely eat my words in the future if I’m wrong on this, but I truly think we’re not going to see another coach come in to accomplish what he’s been able to.

Meh the A.D. wants more from the fans all the time and now we are supposed to pony up NIL money also. I would not behave the way the fan did but I think you will see more of this behavior as the players get paid. I hope Campbell gets this turned around, I would like to see a no repercussions game where he lets the OC call the entire game on offense. If we see the same so be it, but I can't believe no one on the offensive side of the ball once to try something different. At least we have a punter this yr. He should have been player of the game against Ohio never heard who Eric and JW decided on.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Meh the A.D. wants more from the fans all the time and now we are supposed to pony up NIL money also. I would not behave the way the fan did but I think you will see more of this behavior as the players get paid. I hope Campbell gets this turned around, I would like to see a no repercussions game where he lets the OC call the entire game on offense. If we see the same so be it, but I can't believe no one on the offensive side of the ball once to try something different. At least we have a punter this yr. He should have been player of the game against Ohio never heard who Eric and JW decided on.

I would seriously be so proud if ISU refused to do anything NIL. It’s an affront to what Iowa State is for me. We’re a grassroots underdog. That’s ISU to me. I think we could carve a niche as the “No NIL school”. We might lose (but what’s the difference at this point?) but we would be a major story every year and we could get back to how I truly remember ISU. There’s a bunch of former rural IA Little Hawkeyes mini-boomers trying to play the big boy game with ISU sports right now and they’re getting waxed and I don’t need them telling me how we have to do this or that to keep up with whoever. We’ve always been outcasts and different, I’m tired of people trying to make us the same as everyone else.

**** NIL, **** Cytown, **** realignment, let’s just do what we can the way we’ve always done it. ****.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
FWIW, CW and Blum both agreed that he was probably going to he a starter. They said it in their most recent podcast this week.
I'm just going based on what Osen reported. He was pretty locked in. Either way he wasn't going to be the answer.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm just going based on what Osen reported. He was pretty locked in. Either way he wasn't going to be the answer.

I'm pretty sure Nick said he was going to be a starter or was at least in the running to start.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
I would seriously be so proud if ISU refused to do anything NIL. It’s an affront to what Iowa State is for me. We’re a grassroots underdog. That’s ISU to me. I think we could carve a niche as the “No NIL school”. We might lose (but what’s the difference at this point?) but we would be a major story every year and we could get back to how I truly remember ISU. There’s a bunch of former rural IA Little Hawkeyes mini-boomers trying to play the big boy game with ISU sports right now and they’re getting waxed and I don’t need them telling me how we have to do this or that to keep up with whoever. We’ve always been outcasts and different, I’m tired of people trying to make us the same as everyone else.

**** NIL, **** Cytown, **** realignment, let’s just do what we can the way we’ve always done it. ****.
That last, asterisk filled sentence might be the dumbest thing anyone has ever posted here, and that is a high damn bar

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023

Is this satire? I hope it’s satire.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010

Just say you’re poor.

It’s okay you can’t afford to give. We don’t need to know how you rationalize to yourself why you don’t donate

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines

This is one of your worst takes on this site.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
...There’s a bunch of former rural IA Little Hawkeyes mini-boomers trying to play the big boy game with ISU sports right now and they’re getting waxed and I don’t need them telling me how we have to do this or that to keep up with whoever...
Like the guy who runs the site that you're on???

:jimlad::explode:;)

EDIT: In all seriousness though, if that were the case you could kiss Cyclone Basketball goodbye forever. 80-90% of D1 bball recruits have agents right now. It's on the higher end with transfers.

OscarBerkshire

Jul 14, 2022
Waterloo

Which historically is… not much. This is braindead thinking

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

I know you're anti NIL but lol c'mon man. You're a big TJ guy, you should ask him what he thinks of this

Reactions: Cyeedy

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD

bill-hader-eating-popcorn.gif
It's gonna be a good day.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

Iowa State can't refuse to do anything NIL. If the said their student athletes couldn't accept NIL money, they would get sued and lose.

This is beyond an idiotic take.

• Informative
Reactions: RezClone

CyPack

Apr 19, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I don’t blame Coach Campbell for his reaction. I’m sure he was pissed about the game and then that dude lit the fuse. I likely would have done the same in that moment.
Agreed but Campbell should have been pissed at HIMSELF for putting the offense in the position to be basic, unimaginative and simple to defend. The defense has done plenty well enough to win several games last year and this year but the stubborn unwillingness to even try something, anything different on offense to generate some yards and momentum is ming blowing. Absolutely be pissed off, but be pissed off at yourself for letting things get to this point.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Agreed but Campbell should have been pissed at HIMSELF for putting the offense in the position to be basic, unimaginative and simple to defend. The defense has done plenty well enough to win several games last year and this year but the stubborn unwillingness to even try something, anything different on offense to generate some yards and momentum is ming blowing. Absolutely be pissed off, but be pissed off at yourself for letting things get to this point.
I think (and hope) that the reason Matt reacted that way was because he knows it's his fault.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I think (and hope) that the reason Matt reacted that way was because he knows it's his fault.
There is no evidence of this being the case.

Far more evidence he thinks he's correct, the plan and plays work, they just require better execution.

After all, everyone knew what Mt. Union was going to do and couldn't stop them!

(Never mind playing d3 schools with d1 athletes)