MLB: Can Banana Ball change baseball for good?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I got on their waiting list and today they were announcing for people getting tickets for the game in Des Moines and my name was drawn. I can get up to 4 tickets. Any central Iowa cfer's interested?
Damn it. I’m not able to make the date or I would have paid a premium for these. Little JM literally just asked me about this yesterday.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I would also be interested if anyone has extras. I'll pay up to double face value. No idea what face is or if double is enough, but that's my offer.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Have heard from a good friend there's a lot of scams going around with buying and selling theses tickets for the DSM. Be careful if you're buying.

• Informative
Reactions: Tailg8er

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Scamming for a pretend baseball game? That’s bananas.
ben-stiller-oh-you.gif

• Love
Reactions: JM4CY

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Curious to those hear that got tickets for either game thought.

I went tonight, the offense wasn't there tonight and some of things I have seen in other videos of theirs didn't happen like guy pitching or batting on stilts or using a flaming bat.

It was still a good time though. Tonight during 1 inning they played the ISU fight song and in another EIU fight song. Sadly to reactions of the fans more hawk fans were in attendance but I went balls out for ISU.

Reactions: NoCreativity

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Stilts guy had COVID so he missed this weekend. I thought it was entertaining. Party animals left field has range and could catch everything.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Curious to those hear that got tickets for either game thought.

I went tonight, the offense wasn't there tonight and some of things I have seen in other videos of theirs didn't happen like guy pitching or batting on stilts or using a flaming bat.

It was still a good time though. Tonight during 1 inning they played the ISU fight song and in another EIU fight song. Sadly to reactions of the fans more hawk fans were in attendance but I went balls out for ISU.
It was entertaining. I'm not sure I liked the GA seating though. We got there really early and still ended up with seats way down the left field line.

My 4 year old daughter had enough by around 8 though so we had to cut it a little short. Overall it was a fun time.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It was entertaining. I'm not sure I liked the GA seating though. We got there really early and still ended up with seats way down the left field line.

My 4 year old daughter had enough by around 8 though so we had to cut it a little short. Overall it was a fun time.

I was is same spot there as far as getting there and seating location. They were funneling GA through one location which made no sense since GA was 90% of the crowd. I think more gates did get opened because we went from being in the middle of the crowd to being at end.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I was is same spot there as far as getting there and seating location. They were funneling GA through one location which made no sense since GA was 90% of the crowd. I think more gates did get opened because we went from being in the middle of the crowd to being at end.
I didn't understand the only gate thing. Just open all gates like normal and let them flow in, instead of the cattle chute.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
This is cool Harlem Gloabtrotters style entertainment but no. No bunting, F that I think I had 10 bunt singles my senior year of high school. No mound visits, sure. I had to cover my face with my glove and yell at our catcher to go back while I was getting cremed by Iowa City West at Valleys field during a tri header. The MLB is doing good things like the pitch clock.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
We had an absolute blast. There wasn't a second of down time during the entire 4 hours or so we were in the stadium.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Went Friday night and had an absolute blast. Ton of fun, lots going on, very interactive. Great entertainment. Making serious sports fun, silly and engaging.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My daughter gave it a rating of 12 when I asked her how she liked it. The scale was 1 - 5 with 5 being the best. Yes, she liked it that much. As others have mentioned it would be nice if they had assigned seats.

@CycloneRulzzz is amazing (We all know this). He sold me his extra 2 tickets at cost.

Glad she had a great time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron