Can I disable the political forum?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
There are some great responses to the OP in this thread so far.:)
He was given what he asked for.
bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I am so old that I remember I time when people did not discuss religion or politics in polite society and certainly didn't come up with silly put downs for those who held different beliefs.

My first boss out of college told me on my first day at work that 3 things you don't discuss in polite company are politics, religion and abortion. Now, I don't think anyone will ever confuse the internet for polite company but it's sad how the message board mentality has permeated society. People can't wait to beat each other over the head with their beliefs when they know damn well it's going to lead to nothing but hard feelings. What a waste of time.

**Steps down off soap box knowing there will be 10 dislikes by the time I check back**

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I am so old that I remember I time when people did not discuss religion or politics in polite society and certainly didn't come up with silly put downs for those who held different beliefs.
I actually hold the opposite belief that a lot of our issues and problems are because topics like politics, religion, drugs, sex, abortion, and etc are all taboo.

I think people talked things out face to face we would actually solve a lot of our issues. Talking on a computer or ignoring the topic when it comes up doesn't ever solve anything. I do think people can get over board with it though and absolutely refuse to listen to the other side but thats a whole different issue.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I actually hold the opposite belief that a lot of our issues and problems are because topics like politics, religion, drugs, sex, abortion, and etc are all taboo.

I think people talked things out face to face we would actually solve a lot of our issues. Talking on a computer or ignoring the topic when it comes up doesn't ever solve anything. I do think people can get over board with it though and absolutely refuse to listen to the other side but thats a whole different issue.
This is exactly the kind of reasonable thought process that should never be allowed in modern society. /jimlad

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Our neighbors had a scene at Thanksgiving over the election and the cops were called. Apparently the two sets of in-laws nearly came to blows. One of my kids was babysitting their kids and the oldest girl, who is about 6, said her papas can't play together any more lol.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I do wish you could disable from your main page, and still be able to get into them manually like the old page. I disabled them a long time ago because it was overtaking my main page, but I still want to go in every so often to LOL at the crazy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron