Can I turn off videos on articles?

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Is there anyway to turn off the videos on top of the articles? For example, I open up the new monday musings only to have the top half of my screen dominated by a video about lazard and netten being named to the big 12 first team from . Seriously, my entire screen is the video and not any of the article.... this is NOT a good thing if you ask me.

Also, auto-loading videos like this is NOT a good thing for those of us on work networks as it uses more bandwidth (which may be monitored).

CyFan.png

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
There is nothing more disrespectful to your users than autoplay videos, in my opinion. The fact that the videos usually have nothing to do with the blog you're trying to read leads me to believe it is monetized somehow... So I just added them to my AdBlock filter, and that stops them.

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
There is nothing more disrespectful to your users than autoplay videos, in my opinion. The fact that the videos usually have nothing to do with the blog you're trying to read leads me to believe it is monetized somehow... So I just added them to my AdBlock filter, and that stops them.
Seconding this, autoplay videos is the one thing that will make me stop using a website. I'm making a rare exception on this site and just blocking them instead.

• Agree
Reactions: chicagocyfan

Help Support Us

Become a patron