"Cardinal Rules" T-shirt

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Any updates on this?

When do fans get to start voting on the finalists? (thought fans could vote anyways)

T-shirts projected to be in stores...?

Anyone from here make a submission?

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUFan22 @ 07-20-06 10:15 am) [post=7934]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> Any updates on this?

When do fans get to start voting on the finalists? (thought fans could vote anyways)

[/b][/quote]

I submitted some rules, but I didn't think we would be able to vote on the finalists. I just thought they were taking the top ten...

All I heard was the shirts are to be worn to the Sept 9 game vs. UNLV.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUFan22 @ 07-20-06 10:15 am) [post=7934]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> Any updates on this?

[/b][/quote]

I think it was "Cardinal Rules". That might jog a few memories.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bmuff @ 07-20-06 11:21 am) [post=7940]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>

I think it was "Cardinal Rules". That might jog a few memories.

[/b][/quote]

It was, thanks! I'll edit the title...

PlymouthCy

Mar 21, 2006
Hinton
Visit site
If memory serves me correctly, Jamie Pollard told John Miller that they will be "availiable" for the UNLV game. I also want to think they are going to be part of a red out for the Nebraska game.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
i thought it was a yellow out... wouldn't red make the stadium look even more like nebraska?

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PlymouthCy @ 07-20-06 11:46 am) [post=7945]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> If memory serves me correctly, Jamie Pollard told John Miller that they will be "availiable" for the UNLV game. I also want to think they are going to be part of a red out for the Nebraska game. [/b][/quote]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUboi12 @ 07-20-06 11:50 am) [post=7946]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> i thought it was a yellow out... wouldn't red make the stadium look even more like nebraska?
[/b][/quote]

You're both right. The "Cardinal Rules" t-shirts are for the UNLV game (presumably to get the ISU community tied together before the big games start). They will be making a very similar "Golden Rules" shirt for the Nebraska game. Red is Nebraska's main color, so Cyclones should be wearing all gold and nothing but gold. For that one game, cardinal is a bad color... I can't wait for these shirts; it's a such a great idea. I just hope they bend over backwards to make sure that EVERYONE can get one.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ornryactor @ 07-20-06 12:12 pm) [post=7951]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>

You're both right. The "Cardinal Rules" t-shirts are for the UNLV game (presumably to get the ISU community tied together before the big games start). They will be making a very similar "Golden Rules" shirt for the Nebraska game. Red is Nebraska's main color, so Cyclones should be wearing all gold and nothing but gold. For that one game, cardinal is a bad color... I can't wait for these shirts; it's a such a great idea. I just hope they bend over backwards to make sure that EVERYONE can get one.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the info. I agree 100% about the game vs. Nebraska! May need to leave the red ISU jerseys at home for that one.

goonies_89

Apr 12, 2006
Someone should get a design going that says CYMANIA. Shirts cardinal and letters are gold. And the text is similar to the HULKMANIA design.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ornryactor @ 07-20-06 12:12 pm) [post=7951]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
They will be making a very similar "Golden Rules" shirt for the Nebraska game. Red is Nebraska's main color, so Cyclones should be wearing all gold and nothing but gold.
[/b][/quote]

I am not sure about this one. Reason: Every N game at JTS I have been at there are a lot, I mean a LOT of N fans in attendance. Even the last two times when we beat them.

Do we really want point out the yellow only as ISU fans in a game where close to half of the crowd is for the away team???!!!
<

Get my drift?

But I do love the idea and am looking forward to my two shirts.
<

-keep.

toneloc34

Apr 10, 2006
What's wrong with wearing red for the Nebraska game? I say it's a smack in the face if we say "now we're the big red machine and we're going to show you why!"

Why cower to the Nebraska fan, what do we have to be scared of?

goonies_89

Apr 12, 2006
thats like us taking credit for something we didnt start. I remember with the pack the jack stuff, and "red outs" or whatever the term was, getting crap from Iowa fans saying were trying copy them again. We have our red out, black out, white out. Its called PACK THE JACK. It is our original idea, and we should run with it. I think it was one of the best ideas to get tickets moving.

ISUCLONES15

Mar 24, 2006
Altoona
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toneloc34 @ 07-20-06 1:29 pm) [post=7972]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'> What's wrong with wearing red for the Nebraska game? I say it's a smack in the face if we say "now we're the big red machine and we're going to show you why!"

Why cower to the Nebraska fan, what do we have to be scared of? [/b][/quote]

I'm pretty sure the reason for the "Gold Rules" day is because they are having the throwback uniform day for the Nebraska game and those will be gold uni's from the mid 70's I believe. .

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUCLONES15 @ 07-20-06 1:39 pm) [post=7975]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>

I'm pretty sure the reason for the "Gold Rules" day is because they are having the throwback uniform day for the Nebraska game and those will be gold uni's from the mid 70's I believe. .

[/b][/quote]

Oh damn, now THAT would be cool!
<

Got a source on that or some sort of idea why you believe that?

ISUCLONES15

Mar 24, 2006
Altoona
Oh damn, now THAT would be cool!
<

Got a source on that or some sort of idea why you believe that?
[/quote]

It was mentioned a few months ago on Paul Clark's site, which I am no longer a member of so I can't tell you if it is still being discussed. It wasn't any sort of confidential story or anything like that, just a few different posters were discussing things that they had heard through the grapevine. Jeremy may be able to better elaborate on the topic.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUCLONES15 @ 07-20-06 2:19 pm) [post=7984]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
It was mentioned a few months ago on Paul Clark's site, which I am no longer a member of so I can't tell you if it is still being discussed. It wasn't any sort of confidential story or anything like that, just a few different posters were discussing things that they had heard through the grapevine. Jeremy may be able to better elaborate on the topic.

[/b][/quote]

Cool, thanks for the info. Hope that happens!

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUCLONES15 @ 07-20-06 1:39 pm) [post=7975]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I hope so. Maybe the game we tied or beat N back in the 70's???? whatever it is or when, I do hope they go on sale!!! *Me likey. *Me buy. *Wife pissed. *Par for my course.

-keep.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keepngoal @ 07-20-06 2:25 pm) [post=7988]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>

I hope so. Maybe the game we tied or beat N back in the 70's???? whatever it is or when, I do hope they go on sale!!! *Me likey. *Me buy. *Wife pissed. *Par for my course.

-keep.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I'd buy a 70's gold ISU jersey!
<

ISUCLONES15

Mar 24, 2006
Altoona
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUFan22 @ 07-20-06 2:22 pm) [post=7986]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>

Cool, thanks for the info. Hope that happens!
[/b][/quote]

So do I! Can you imagine the atmosphere at Trice if it were to happen? Every fan in the stands wearing gold, the team comes out in gold throwback uni's from the 70's, the winner of the game has the early inside track on the North Division Championship. It has the potential to be electric!

Help Support Us

Become a patron