MLB: Cards/Astros

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
Just got back from the game, and let me tell you, it sure felt good to see Troy Glaus hit his first dinger as a redbird. It may have taken 26 games, but that was a towering 417' shot to straight away center. Not to be outdone, Pujols hit a 423' shot also to straight away center. With that, we're now sitting .5 games back in the NL Central. Not a bad showing from a team everyone seemed to think was a bottom-dweller this year.

Man, I can't wait for Friday's Cubs/Cards game. I'll be sitting in section 356 cheering 'til my throat is hoarse. :smile:

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
sooner or later the cards pitchers are going to come back down to earth

I've said it before, but I honestly think dealing Kip Wells to Colorado was the best off-season move the Cards could possibly have made. Shipping off a 17 loss pitcher will do wonders for your rotation.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
lol, I don't think I am really gonna take a serious re-look at my opinion of him just because of how he has done without even pitching 20 innings yet this year.

Kip Wells career stats...not great.

W -L ERA
65-92 4.59

I would take that ERA every day of the week when pitching for a team that scores runs like Colorado is capable of.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
I believe last year the series was 11-5 cubs and they are playing alot better this year than last...granted so are the Cards i will say that also. Should be a great series all year.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
I don't think anybody expected that? Yeah they were down last year, but they're always are contenders.

I can think of several threads on CF alone stating as much. Hell, practically any thread I post in regarding either the Cards or Cubs has at least one such post.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Can't wait for the Cubs to squash the redbirdies

Waaaayy too many games left to start talking trash - the cubs & Brewers are still the favorites but StL has come out much stronger than anyone could have anticipated. Go Cards and lets keep it clean!

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
The Cardinals have plenty of games left this year to prove they are bottom dwellers.

Seth

Mar 17, 2006
Columbia, SC
Who won the central last year? :yes::yes::yes:

So many comebacks...here's a short list:

1. ...and the previous 3 years? and 4 of the previous 5 years? :yes:
2. ...and quickly exited in the NLDS? :biglaugh:
3. ...sorry, I didn't pay attention to last year. I was too busy admiring the Cards 10 World Series trophies. :wink:

All in good fun. :smile:

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
So many comebacks...here's a short list:

1. ...and the previous 3 years? and 4 of the previous 5 years? :yes:
2. ...and quickly exited in the NLDS? :biglaugh:
3. ...sorry, I didn't pay attention to last year. I was too busy admiring the Cards 10 World Series trophies. :wink:

All in good fun. :smile:

Yup. Pretty easy to be a Cardinals fan. Humility is not part of the equation.

All in good fun.:wideeyed: