Carson Willich out for year with torn ACL

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Carson Willich will miss the 2024 season after suffering a torn ACL during spring practice.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Why? Linebacker is one of the deepest positions on the team. And Willich probably wouldn’t have started in the first place.
Depth or quality depth? Honest Q.

Agree with the probably not a starter sentence.

just wondering if there's tangible reason to believe LB will be a quality group. Pretty obvious that OL & LB were both areas where ISU was weaker last year comparative to the other position groups.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Depth or quality depth? Honest Q.

Agree with the probably not a starter sentence.

just wondering if there's tangible reason to believe LB will be a quality group. Pretty obvious that OL & LB were both areas where ISU was weaker last year comparative to the other position groups.

Sadowsky
McLaughlin
Ellis
Lovett
Imming
Bacon
Ebel
2 true freshman early enrollees

Imming and Ellis were injured last year I believe.

I think we are more hurting for CB depth than LB.

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Sadowsky
McLaughlin
Ellis
Lovett
Imming
Bacon
Ebel
2 true freshman early enrollees

Imming and Ellis were injured last year I believe.

I think we are more hurting for CB depth than LB.
i’ve seen some solid play, though not always consistent, from McLaughlin, Lovett, Bacon, and Willich. The others haven’t shown much yet but are all young players that will hopefully develop. I can’t look at that group and feel confident overall.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
the injury hurts. And the thing about football, you can always expect at least one injury in a position group during the season.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
i’ve seen some solid play, though not always consistent, from McLaughlin, Lovett, Bacon, and Willich. The others haven’t shown much yet but are all young players that will hopefully develop. I can’t look at that group and feel confident overall.
Mclaughlin is a junior and has two years of playing experience under his belt. With all the playing time he has had in the last two years, if he doesn't start as a junior, I take that as a good thing.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yes.

I suppose ann injury is an excuse to b*tch and moan, but that first comment doesn’t mean the same thing it did ten years ago. Not even close.

Not sure what you’re saying?

LB was definitely not a good position group last year. Most on here have agreed with that. So it stinks to lose any depth there IMO.

Besides maybe OL, name another position group with more question marks going into this season?

Fwiw…. I am excited to hear CMC talk so highly of Ebel. I thought he might end up being really good.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cytown12

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron