Casting Couch: Best and Worst people casted

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Gary Oldman, Tom Hanks and John Malkovich might disagree with you, along with a handful of others, but that's what I could think of on the spur of the moment.

They're all really good. I'd throw Sam Rockwell in there as well. Still, my best are DDL, Bale, and Penn. I'll see anything they're in without knowing a thing about the story. Can't say that about Hanks, Oldman, Malkovich or others, amazing as they are.

Reactions: Angie

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We throw darts a lot and if a dart tip hits a flight we always say that we "Robin Hooded" that shot and sometimes my wife will blow in my ear while throwing or vice versa and we will say, "what are you Robin Hooding me?"

Yeah, that super awesome movie really did suck. So bad it's good.

giphy.gif

I mean, we basically Robin Hooded this thread with awesome and much needed RHPOT discussion and analysis.

I'm not apologizing.

Reactions: Macloney

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Sean Penn......................... Jeff Spiccoli
Michael Gambon.................. Dumbledore

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I just can't seem to like an movie Nicholas Cage is in. He just seems to overact in his movies. Not all of his movies, but a lot of them.

I'm not a huge fan of Nicolas Cage, but he was good in Leaving Las Vegas.

Ok, guilty pleasure moment..... I like Cage in Valley Girl. Stupid 80s movie, but I liked it anyway.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm not a huge fan of Nicolas Cage, but he was good in Leaving Las Vegas.

Ok, guilty pleasure moment..... I like Cage in Valley Girl. Stupid 80s movie, but I liked it anyway.

'Valley Girl' is classic. And I agree, Cage was great. Also had a really solid soundtrack with the Furs, Modern English "I Melt With You," and the Plimsouls with "Million Miles Away".

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
'Valley Girl' is classic. And I agree, Cage was great. Also had a really solid soundtrack with the Furs, Modern English "I Melt With You," and the Plimsouls with "Million Miles Away".
It's a shame that the chick that played the Valley Girl... Deb Foreman recently passed away (drug overdose, I think?).
Very good music in the movie.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Anyone ever see, The Last American Virgin? The ending will piss you off.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Worst:

Emma Stone in Aloha
Hayden Christensen in Star Wars movies
Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's
Richard Harris as Dumbledore in Harry Potter

Best:

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones
Tom Cruise as Ethan Hunt
Maggie Smith in Harry Potter
Michael Gambon as Dumbledore

JustAFleshWound

Apr 21, 2015
Best
Val Kilmer - Tombstone
Peter Dinklage - Game of Thrones
J.K. Simmons - Whiplash
Viggo Mortensen - Lord of the Rings trilogy

Worst
Demi Moore - A Few Good Men
Michael Phelps - guest hosting SNL

Reactions: Angie

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It's a shame that the chick that played the Valley Girl... Deb Foreman recently passed away (drug overdose, I think?).
Very good music in the movie.

You sure? I've found nothing about this. She was a huge crush back in the day.

Joe4Cy

Mar 5, 2010
Urbandale
www.comedyxp.tv
Best:
Val Kilmer - Doc Holliday
Tim Curry - Dr. Frank N Furter

Worst:
Those two kids in Valerian. (I took one for the team. This could be one of the worst movies ever. I like the concepts and ideas. But the execution on all fronts makes it horrific. I actually watched it twice to ensure it was as awful as I originally thought. Your welcome.)

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
You sure? I've found nothing about this. She was a huge crush back in the day.
My bad.... I was thinking of the hot blonde in Can't Buy me Love (1987 movie). Amanda Peterson.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I really think Tom Hanks is always almost perfectly cast.

And he basically carried films like 'A League of Their Own'.

It's gotta help when people specifically write roles with you in mind. Same with John Candy.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I never saw the Dark Knight and still refuse to watch it, but Maggie Gyllenhall was cast in another movie (was it a different Batman movie?) where she was supposed to be playing a beautiful woman. In fact, she was introduced in more than one scene to someone else and "beautiful" was used in the introduction as if they were trying to convince the audience that she was indeed beautiful. Sorry, but Maggie Gyllenhall is not the least bit beautiful. She's not unpleasant to look at, but I would by no means describe her as beautiful.

She's gone nude in many movies...not that people would complain, but just doesn't seem to play up to the beautiful goddess that makes you wonder if that makes sense.

BTW, Dark Knight was phenomenal besides this.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Bad Bad Bad: Noah Wyle in the TV sci-fi Falling Skies. The mild Wyle as the librarian in the "Librarian" movies works to some extent. Cast as a meek professor turned alien fighting resistance leader? Nope, not at all. Just terrible. And the rest of the cast, with maybe Sarah Conner as an exception, should never work as actors again. Ever.

fallingskies16.jpg

Dammit. Checked out 1st episode of Locke and Key last night and one of the awful actors from Fallin' Skies is playing the oldest Locke kid. :mad:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Alan Rickman was actually perfect as the sheriff.

He just chewed up every piece of the scenery in that movie.

But really, that was his talent, wasn't it? Snape, Colonel Brandon, Hans Gruber - just three of his huge performances that are iconic in very different ways.