Catfish

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I haven't yet, but I thought it was fictitious story shot in a documentary style - like The Blair Witch Project. Regardless of it's validity, this one is definitely on my must-see list as it sounds like a really entertaining psychological-thriller.

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
I haven't yet, but I thought it was fictitious story shot in a documentary style - like The Blair Witch Project. Regardless of it's validity, this one is definitely on my must-see list as it sounds like a really entertaining psychological-thriller.

This

dtlantz

Apr 10, 2006
Maryland

Less of a thriller, more of a psychological movie. Don't let the previews fool you. While intriguing, it left me unimpressed.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
In an interview Ariel Schulman related that some viewers believe Catfish to be a fake documentary, a hoax: Morgan Spurlock, director/star of the documentary Super Size Me, walked up to the producers of the film during one of its initial screenings and told them "it was the best fake documentary he had ever seen". Comedian Zach Galifianakis also has stated that he does not believe the events in the film to be true.[7]
The Schulman brothers and Joost stand behind their original statements: the film is "100% true"[7] and it tells the story exactly how it happened. They also chalk up the perfect timing of every narrative element in the movie to just coincidence and sheer luck. Ariel Schulman has stated that
"It felt [too perfect] to us also, as we were making it. We're very lucky. We look back at our experience and everything leads to [the moment we discovered things were not what they seemed]. As filmmakers we were ready; we felt like we spent our lives preparing to be ready, and it just happened to be me who shares the office with my brother and my producing partner."[7]

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Along the same lines as fake documentaries, I would recommend Street Theif to everyone. I saw it thinking it was true and it was amazing. I have heard it wasn't real though, however I haven't looked up to find out.

josh777

Apr 13, 2006
Watched an investigative show about it (can't recall the name) where they interviewed the people involved. Not what I thought it was about and was disappointed. From the trailer I watched on-line I thought it was based on scary events. Not so.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron