CBD oil

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Brown Dog Bakery in Ankeny sells it. Great for pets' anxiety and joint pain. 100% free from THC so it is absolutely legal. I'm going to try it for ADHD, joint pain, and anxiety. Just haven't pulled the trigger. Trying to do my research.

nocsious3

Aug 23, 2013
Legal or illegal, it depends on who you ask. The DEA contends that CBD is schedule I no matter where it's sourced, same as marijuana. The supplement industry says that CBD containing less than 0.3% THC is legal when derived from hemp. They make this conclusion from language in the 2014 farm bill and this position hasn't really been tested in courts.

To further complicate matters, the 2018 farm bill just passed fully legalizes hemp, yet the DEA still contends that CBD is illegal even when derived from hemp. To complicate matters further, Epidiolex, an anti-seizure medication has been approved and scheduled V by the FDA. The FDA released a statement that Epidiolex is what is schedule 5, and not the CBD it contains.

Lastly you have a myriad of state laws and last I checked CBD was legal under state law in something like 49 states. I think Idaho is the lone holdout on this one. Here in Kansas, CBD is legal under state law only if it contains no THC. I'm not as familiar with Iowa law.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
My sister uses it for anxiety and fibromyalgia via a Dr script. She has never felt better and is happier than I have ever seen her. Her son uses it for ADHD and anxiety with similar results. Got to look into it

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Brown Dog Bakery in Ankeny sells it. Great for pets' anxiety and joint pain. 100% free from THC so it is absolutely legal. I'm going to try it for ADHD, joint pain, and anxiety. Just haven't pulled the trigger. Trying to do my research.

Wholesome Pet Essentials in Ankeny carries a few brands as well. They are also Iowa State grads.

Reactions: Knownothing

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Mother in law tried it for chronic pain from Lyme disease but the headache side effect was way too bad for her so she quit taking it.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
CBD, like THC, can cause dehydration. If you take care of that, usually you can avoid the headache.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I know someone whose dog suffered from terrible mouth warts. Tried all kinds of vet prescribed medications and was about to have to pay over a thousand dollars for surgery to have them removed. Someone else (non-vet) recommended CBD oil to her and within a week or so the dog was cured. The vet didn't believe her.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
I know someone whose dog suffered from terrible mouth warts. Tried all kinds of vet prescribed medications and was about to have to pay over a thousand dollars for surgery to have them removed. Someone else (non-vet) recommended CBD oil to her and within a week or so the dog was cured. The vet didn't believe her.

Does it work on "other" warts?