CCL Tonight

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Thomas, Hogue, Long, Custer, and Nader have been so good to the fans, signing tons of autographs, posing for pics, etc. Great young men.

Second this. Thug U really has some great guys that take as much time as it takes to make each kids day. Thanks Dustin and naz for making my little brothers day and getting a photo with him.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Just a heads up to other clone fans that live several hours away from des Moines like me. I made the 2.5 hr trip for fan appreciation day and it was well worth the trip and I will definitely go back next year. Hopefully they have the 3pt and dunk competition again because that was a lot of fun to watch and the crowd really seemed to love it. Also the players are great about signing autographs and taking photos. I went to try to satisfy my hunger for basketball season but it backfired and now I'm more hungry for the season to start after seeing all the great athletes Fred has brought to Ames. Thank you Fred! Also good job to cyclone nation for showing up. I thought it was a great crowd that did a good job showing the players love, even non ISU players.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Second this. Thug U really has some great guys that take as much time as it takes to make each kids day. Thanks Dustin and naz for making my little brothers day and getting a photo with him.

Fred's Iowa State players have really been pretty great with the fans.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Jack Taylor was a bust. I've been looking forward to seeing him. Even in the 3 point contest with nobody covering him, he had horrible form and didn't make very many. He had a few nice shots in the actual game. Maybe his injury was a factor, but he was not impressive at all . . . for an NCAA record scorer!

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Jack Taylor was a bust. I've been looking forward to seeing him. Even in the 3 point contest with nobody covering him, he had horrible form and didn't make very many. He had a few nice shots in the actual game. Maybe his injury was a factor, but he was not impressive at all . . . for an NCAA record scorer!

I mean, there's a reason he plays for D3 Grinnell.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I mean, there's a reason he plays for D3 Grinnell.

the team Grinnell played when he set the record has like, 40 students in the whole school. That, and some of the basketball players didn't even play high school basketball. Way to go Grinnell.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Kourtlin Jackson is very impressive. I can't believe he's a walk on. I like sherron but kj appears more worthy of a scholarship.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Kourtlin Jackson is very impressive. I can't believe he's a walk on. I like sherron but kj appears more worthy of a scholarship.

KJ plays with a ton of hustle and heart, but I'm not sure that his skill set is what we need for the Big 12. For instance, his outside shot is something like a set shot where he mounts the ball in front of him as he goes up to shoot it. Not nearly the quick release that you need in the Big 12. Also, he is good at driving and getting open layups, but doing it in CCL against a lazy man-to-man and doing it against Big 12 opponents playing zone are two very different things.

Nonetheless, KJ has impressed me. He is much better than I assumed he would be as a walk-on. And he is playing CCL like he is trying to earn a scholarship. He plays hard all the time on both ends. If he is coachable, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he got a scholarship.

Help Support Us

Become a patron