Info: CF Credit System Explained Updated 1/4

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
As you will notice, I've installed the first phase of the new CF Credit System. I still have a lot of work to do but here is the first part of my explanation to help everybody understand what we're doing and how it works.

First, the system will be used as a way for members to get credits for being active on the site and they'll be able to use those credits to buy merchandise, bet on events, buy rep, etc. It's a fun way to spice things up a little without much work.

Now, the system generates credits based on specified "activities" that a user partakes in. For instance; if you post a thread you get credits, if you reply to a thread you get credits, if you get an infraction you lose credits, etc. To help explain this, I've included the initial list of activities that cause a member to earn or lose credits below.

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people don't really know why they're getting credits. Here is an updated list of what activities on the site create a payout in credits. Note that I just adjusted the numbers this morning to make it so more credits are given out per activitiy since we all seem to be high-rollers:wink:

Credits - Activity Name
Explanation

50 - Induction Credit
Applied when user first joins this usergroup such as by registration, subscription, manually, promotion, etc.

20 - Referral Credit
Applied when a referral is validated. This is checked every midnight.

1 - Additive Referral Bonus
This is multiplied against each user's referral points, and then multiplied against all other credit awards.

25 - Paycheck Credit
Applied every set time period with no particular restrictions. (Currently every 1 day)

250 - Activity Credit
Applied every set time period if the user qualifies as having been active during that period. (Currently every 1 day)

2500 - Birthday Credit
Applied at midnight on the birthday of each user.

100 - Granted Reputation Credit
Applied when this user gives reputation to others. Can be set to multiply against the absolute reputation given.

100 - Received Reputation Credit
Applied when the user receives reputation. Can be set to multiply against the amount of reputation received.

-1,000 - Infraction Credit
Applied when user receives an infraction. You probably want this to be negative as a penalty, and can be set to multiply against the infraction points.

200 - New Thread Credit

1 - Thread Rated Credit

50 - Posting Credit
Applied for all valid posts, except when creating a new thread or replying to your own thread.

5 - Your Thread Posting Credit
Applied for all valid posts made in a thread which they originally created.

1 - Post Size Credit
Applied in addition to any posting credits, for every word or character.

1 - Your Thread Viewed Credit
Applied to the thread owner when their thread is viewed. Does not count on the owner.

1 - Your Thread Rated Credit
Applied to the thread owner when their thread is rated. Does not count on the owner.

1 - Your Thread Replied Credit
Applied to the thread owner when their thread is posted in. Does not count on the owner.

1 - Your Profile Viewed Credit
Applied to the profile owner when their profile is viewed. Does not count on the owner.

25 - Poll Created Credit

1 - Poll Voted Credit

25 - Attachment Credit
Applied when uploaded.

5 - Sent PM Credit
Applied when user sends a PM, but does not prevent the action.

10 - Calendar Event Credit
Applied when an event is added.

10 - Profile Picture Credit
Applied when a profile picture is added.

10 - Profile Fields Credit
Applied when the user has all custom profile fields filled out.

Updated to add answers to early feedback questions...

Answers:) ....

1. - The 5,000 bonus will be only going forward since it would be really hard to calculate for the past history.

2. - You could potentially buy rep but after I thought about it, I think I'll cancel that as it would take away from it's purpose. We'll see what people think about it.

3. - The credits can or will replace CyCash. I don't know how it'll work best yet but you can either trade credits for cycash or I'll make it so you can just bet with credits. Feedback?

4. - Some of the new features will roll out gradually as I get them done but a store is one possibility, drawings are another soon-to-be-announced feature and betting is the first priority. I'll introduce more as time permits but it obviously won't be all at once.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Re: CF Credit System Explained (Part 1)

I predict some people will get no work done at work now :biglaugh:

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston

So since we have already joined, do we not get the 5,000 credit "signing bonus?"

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

So I am never going to remember all of that..Can we just summarize it as:

Do stuff == get more credits?

Only question I have is what is an induction credit? I see people with less than 5k, but are members of the site.

DMBclone

Nov 27, 2006
Kansas City, MO

My head is spinning thats a lot. Makes me feel like Homer Simpson "Every time I learn something new it pushes something old out"

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

The state of Iowa is going to suffer from a work production standpoint. I wish I had a job where I could be on this site all day.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

Makes me feel like Homer Simpson "Every time I learn something new it pushes something old out"

The first time I saw that concept on TV was in an episode of "Parker Lewis Can't Lose." Anyone remember that show?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

Oh.... I see why I'm so much lower than you Brian ... that -1000 infraction credit must've been an ***-kicker on my total. Your butt kissing finally pays off!

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

And did I understand correctly that you can buy rep?

Why would you want to do this?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Oh.... I see why I'm so much lower than you Brian ... that -1000 infraction credit must've been an ***-kicker on my total. Your butt kissing finally pays off!

I think it is all the good things i had to say in the thread who's name shall never be uttered again or risk bannination!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Answers:) ....

1. - The 5,000 bonus will be only going forward since it would be really hard to calculate for the past history.

2. - You could potentially buy rep but after I thought about it, I think I'll cancel that as it would take away from it's purpose. We'll see what people think about it.

3. - The credits can or will replace CyCash. I don't know how it'll work best yet but you can either trade credits for cycash or I'll make it so you can just bet with credits. Feedback?

4. - Some of the new features will roll out gradually as I get them done but a store is one possibility, drawings are another soon-to-be-announced feature and betting is the first priority. I'll introduce more as time permits but it obviously won't be all at once.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

Awesome, thanks. And thanks for the chance to respond and earn another 16 or so credits.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

ya, this site is good for finding some cyclone news, but for us lurkers there is way to much bs posting on this site. This new system will really help out with all the postwhoring that already goes on.

its like the people on here have never heard of the internet or message boards before. let this be a normal community of cyclone fans, stop adding all the ridiculousness.

Last edited:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007

And did I understand correctly that you can buy rep?

Why would you want to do this?

Buying rep would be like paying a film crew to do a "E's where are they now?" on yourself... then trying to sell it to E

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston

Darn, so people who just start will have more credits than me. Well whatever.